SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broke a wheel...decisions....

Go down 
+8
jodyt
STR8RZR
8ball_99
Big-R
ridepate
Bill B
Gimpy
MIKE_D
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:49 am

MIKE_D wrote:
I almost got the  machined ones.  Just wanted to be different.  Thinking about red powder now...
That would be cool. I think they will look good on your T4 as is though.. I wouldn't bother with doing anything to the rings.. They just get scratched up with where we ride..
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:57 pm

No cleaned up poser shots yet.  Just got finished with them and went to move hay.  Here are some pictures that Kelly and Hannah took while riding around me on the tractor today.  I must say though VERY time consuming, beadlocks are the easiest set of wheels I have ever put tires on.  

Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 Img_0714
Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 Img_0715
Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 Img_0716
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:00 pm

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! perfect10 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Nice job Mike!
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Look good
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:01 pm

I like!!!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 pm

looks great congrats bud
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Sharp rig bud!!!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm

One thing I've learned about B-Locs Mike........If they start leaking, the rings are too tight. You would think "That don't make sense" but it does!!!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

I don't know if those rims came with instructions or not, But the bolts for the ring are suppose to be torqued to 10ft/lbs and your suppose to tighten them in a criss cross pattern. I looked it up on their site when I ordered mine since it seems all beadlocks have different torque specs...
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:03 am

Thanks guys! No instructions. I just hit them in a cross-cross with the air ratchet and then tightened them by hand with a stubby ratchet. I will put the torque on them and see what I've got when I get back to the shop. I was amazed how easy they were. Hopefully they will last longer than the stockers. Any one need a blingy spare? lol! 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Of course you tighten them in a criss-cross pattern. Sheesh......
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 pm

geek 
ridepate wrote:
Of course you tighten them in a criss-cross pattern. Sheesh......
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:09 pm

You say that but I've first hand seen guys go all the way around in order checking that their bolts were tight before hitting the trail. I myself have never owned bead locks thats why i looked up the mounting instructions. I've also never broke the bead on a tire I just got bead locks cause they look cool. I'm sure ill still run 12 pounds of air anyway.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I got them to ease my pain when mounting tires,(and not pay to get them mounted) man, so easy!!!! I understand what you're say'in Will.....some people don't deserve them!!!!!! I learned to criss-cross bolts when I was 6......... Over-tighten the rings, they will leak......
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:17 am

ridepate wrote:
I got them to ease my pain when mounting tires,(and not pay to get them mounted) man, so easy!!!!  I understand what you're say'in Will.....some people don't deserve them!!!!!! I learned to criss-cross bolts when I was 6......... Over-tighten the rings, they will leak......
Easy mounting is right. After the fiasco I went through taking the tires off the stock wheels I think I will always have beadlocks going forward. Just so easy.

Same here Will. I think I will run higher than normal pressure, probably around 12-15. Normal pressure for 2.0's is zero....lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...decisions....   Broke a wheel...decisions.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke a wheel...decisions....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2