SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outfitting a XP4

Go down 
+3
Cuz
njcraddock
AIRBORNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

How much stuff out of the gate needs to be replaced on the 900?

Trailing arms- ?$
Radius rods- ?$

What else, and how much coin are we talking? Lots of guys have 900s now, so I know there should be some good feedback here.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Get with Sniper for the trailing arms and radius rods. He's a Highlifter dealer and sells to club members for cost (+/- $325 and +/- $500). He will also have the stuff drop shipped too. In addition to those items I replaced the plate that they mount to with a receiver hitch from Thunderhawk. It has stronger mounts than the others ($100). If you will be reusing your winch you will need a new mounting plate ($75). Be prepared for some curse words and scraped knuckles when mounting that thing. And as you know the skid plate is different so you will need a new aftermarket UHMW one ($400). If you want to run a tire bigger than 28" you will either have to either do the "fender mod" or get some forward A-arms ($500?). The only other thing I can think of is to get Smoothride to revalve the shocks and get you set up with some aftermarket springs (I think I heard somewhere around$1000).
Oh, if it came with the crappy ITP 900 tires then ditch those bad boys ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 pm

The most important things I think tree bars, doors, harnesses, a-arm guards, skidplate. Oh and some tunes
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:06 pm

rzr4 rider wrote:
The most important things I think tree bars, doors, harnesses, a-arm guards, skidplate. Oh and some tunes
Which I have all of that on my 800. A lot will swap over. Who is making the best tree kickers?
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Not sure about the 4s, but I have Top Dog Outfitters tree kickers on mine. The ones made by Tony's Toys look good too. Is Tmanpoker going to be making these?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Nicest ones I've seen were on Dodd's 900 and on Cat's 900.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Really that's pretty much it
Skid
Radius rods
Trailing arms
Tree kickers

Those are the only real needs besides doors. I think bumpers are kind of important also on any machine. Atleast a rear since I use mine almost like a curb feeler. I'll back up till I bump something lol. My winch is on the bumper but I've heard the stock location on the 900 is worse then the 800 as far as getting it mounted up. I like it better on the bumper anyway easier to get I and can see the spool.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:49 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
rzr4 rider wrote:
Which I have all of that on my 800. A lot will swap over.  Who is making the best tree kickers?
Best ones Ive found are made by Gilbert Hollingsworth in London Ky. The entire group I ride with use em
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 pm

rzr4 rider wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:
rzr4 rider wrote:
Which I have all of that on my 800. A lot will swap over.  Who is making the best tree kickers?
Best ones Ive found are made by Gilbert Hollingsworth in London Ky. The entire group I ride with use em
What's he charging?
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:22 pm

I think they were around $400. I will take a pic and send to you
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:26 pm

You know who made mine. If you want I'll see how much?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:40 am

Just make sure you can still have a full skid with what ever kickers you go with. IMO the higher up they mount the better. Less chance of them hanging you up. The ones I made for mine are as high up as I could get them. My door has about 1/2" clearance when you open it.. I know Cats on his 2 seater where also pretty high up. I don't think he has started on a set for his XP4 yet.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:53 am

rzr4 rider wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:
rzr4 rider wrote:
what better than mine Mad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 am

The best thing to do with a 900 4 is buy a 1000 instead thatsright 
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 am

GunRunner wrote:
The best thing to do with a 900 4 is buy a 1000 instead thatsright 
A lot more money. And bigger. It would be nice for sure, but I can't see me needing anything more than a 900. I honestly hate to see the 800 go. It's been a good buggy and I finally got it "done" (minus the heater).

Dodd, yes. I would appreciate knowing what he would charge.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 am

You won't miss the 800 when you slide into the driver's seat of the 900. The only problem is that your right foot gets a lot heavier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outfitting a XP4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outfitting a XP4   Outfitting a XP4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Outfitting a XP4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: