SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law

Go down 
+13
Gimpy
BIG D 57
Big-R
justhere
DirtDawber
bush
Goose
bacon
samiam
hutch
gullyjumper
cajuncoot
kscfire
17 posters
AuthorMessage
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
kscfire

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law Empty
PostSubject: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 am

Please remember my Father-in-Law in your prayers. He has been battling Stage 4 cancer for the last 2 ½ years. He has fought through many setbacks during this time and been able to keep it managed. That was until recently, he went for a scan a couple of weeks ago to check his status and they found 6 new spots on his brain. He was scheduled for the latest thing called Gamma Knife which would have gone right to the tumors and precisely targeted the spots. When they scanned him prior to the procedure to map the tumors they found 12 more. He was informed that they could not precede with that many tumors and informed his only remaining option is full head radiation. He did a similar treatment last year and the meds that accompany this really weakened him to where he needs help to just get out of a chair, even a year later. The doctors have also suggested we might want to consider setting him up for hospice. I have taken my wife, his daughter, to Florida so she can be with him and also to assist him and her mom with the upcoming challenges. If he does do the radiation, it may get him to the first of the year, if no radiation maybe a month. It just sucks either way. He will see the Dr. on Tuesday for consult and decision. Thank you for keeping him and our family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:10 am

Prayer Prayer 
Back to top Go down
gullyjumper

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:20 am

Sorry to hear, will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
hutch
SSXSRider Member
hutch

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:25 am

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:53 am

Philippians 4:7 KJV
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
My prayer for him and your family.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Ditto Samiam post above:prayers: 
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:14 pm

So sorry. Prayer 
Back to top Go down
justhere
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Prayer
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:16 pm

This whole club will be praying for you. I am sure you know we recently lost one of our beloved members to cancer. We all know how tough cancer can be. I hope he pulls through!!!

Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Prayer Prayer Prayer Prayer 
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

The people in the world have lots of struggles, but when one of our members, our there family has it, then we feel a closeness as we come together to pray. I pray for you all as you face the upcoming challenges and choices that you all will have to make.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:09 am

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

Prayer 
Back to top Go down
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
kscfire

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 2:46 am

I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers. I talked to my wife following her dads first rad treatment yesterday. She told me he did fine, but it is the first of 10 days in a row. He understands that it is just an extension of what time he has left but is not giving up.
Back to top Go down
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
kscfire

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:33 am

I wish to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. My wife's father passed away this morning at 1:07am. His battle with cancer has ended and he is now free from its pain. I will leave today or tomorrow for Florida to be with my wife and her family.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:06 am

My condolances.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 am

I hate to hear that. My God be with her and the family. Prayer 
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:03 am

Sorry to here that, travel safe, and prayers be with your family
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:49 am

May he now rest in peace beside his maker and father. Have a safe trip and we will be here when you return.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Bill B
SSXSRider Member
Bill B

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Condolences from our group. We missed you on the ride yesterday . Travel safe and let us know when you get back in town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law   Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer Request for my Father-in-Law
Page 1 of 1