SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do these handheld radios use same frequency

Go down 
+3
jhoncho4x4
BluDevil
2Slow4U
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Do these handheld radios use same frequency  Empty
PostSubject: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

... as the ones you guys run? If so, this appears to be a bargain (price is for Cool for those of us who only ride with you occasionally...

Cobra CX210 20 Mile 22 Channel GMRS/FRS Walkie Talkie 2-Way Radios w/ Vox (8 Pack)

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_48715/Cobra-CX210-20-Mile-22-Channel-GMRS-FRS-Walkie-Talkie-2-Way-Radios-w-Vox-8-Pack-.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

same
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Yep, I have not found a FRS/GMRS handheld that was not compatible. Just remember to set the privacy code to zero on the handheld. The rest of the frequencies / channels are the same #'s; example - channel 7 on a handheld is channel 7 on the custom units.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

They will not pick up real good in the hills/mountains we ride, but do all right at camp. Most hand helds are hard to hear when you are rolling in your side x side. If you want one that will pick up for miles in the hills/mountains, get a mounted one from Hutch. His are boosted to about 50 watts. Most hand helds are about 5 watts. I have talked to our split up groups that are an hours ride or more away.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

I just stumbled across those, and 8 of them for $100 seemed like a good deal. I recognize the Cobra brand name from the old CB days, so I'd expect OK quality. I could use some of these (2-4)
around the farm, but don't need 8. Yet, the price is intriguing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm

I use my hand helds around our property too. The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Gimpy wrote:
I use my hand helds around our property too.  The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
10-4 on the handheld for backing and 10-4 on hand signals from a femal that maks sense
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm

reevesr wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
I use my hand helds around our property too.  The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
10-4 on the handheld for backing and 10-4 on hand signals from a femal that maks sense
roflmao  roflmao  roflmao  roflmao  thatsright 
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

For the trails, stick to the radio and not the handheld!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Do these handheld radios use same frequency  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do these handheld radios use same frequency
Page 1 of 1