SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tree kickers questions

Go down 
+6
muddy-one
Wingman
Raccer
kscfire
njcraddock
samiam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Tree kickers questions  Empty
PostSubject: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm tired of tearing off my rear fender when the fender flairs get caught on a rock or tree. Do the tree kickers work and are they strong?  Who has the the best for a S?
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm

I really like my Top Dog tree kickers. Trevis is on his own now so I would check with him. There's a thread here somewhere with his new website.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah I remember being impressed with some of their products but doing a search for Top Dog comes up nota.
Back to top Go down
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
kscfire

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 pm

I have Tony's Toys on mine and have been very satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Ditto 
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:37 am

The wife has the Top Dog on her Rzr. They have held up real well and have a lot of scares to prove they are doing their job!! We talked to Trevis at the Windrock Fall Jam and he said he was hoping to have his version available soon. The biggest difference I see between the Tony's Toys and the Top Dog is where the tree kicker is welded to the slider. Tony's Toys is almost a continuation of the slider bottom and wraps around to form the kicker. It protects more of the bottom of the fender flare. The top dog kicker is mounted higher up the side of the slider. It leaves a couple inches of the fender flare sticking below the kicker. Going over stuff will still pop the push pins out of the bottom of her fender flare. It is always her passenger side!!
Back to top Go down
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:36 am

I have the Top Dog they are ok. I don't know the name, but the ones that Mason and Jerry have are by far the best ones I have seen. They cup the bottom of the flair. If I remember right there made in KY.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 am

Top Dog
Tree kickers questions  2013-116

Tony's Toys
Tree kickers questions  Dscf2910

I like them both, but at the time I ordered Trevis was offering a discount and you almost had to be a member of Tony's inner circle to get a set of his.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Guy from Leitchfield KY, Rocky road Racing? made mine they are the best, have a pic on here somewhere, wrap around fender, run under floor to frame, can put against a tree and spin front end around, can set down hard on a rock. I have a video of my daughter driving through the woods smacking trees as she goes. Fenders are still on.

These are for a RZR S or a RZR 800.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Look at the outside of the middle skid, that is the bottom

Tree kickers questions  DSC00190_zps4e2ed482
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:57 pm

The bottom is angled up to help ground clearance, can't really see it in this pic.

Tree kickers questions  DSC01287
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Googled Rocky Road Racing without any good results. Got a number for em DrMud?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:52 pm

These with out question are the best made. The first ones made were from DPI. They are no longer in business. However, I think the guy in Leitchfield KY use to make it for them when DPI need help.

Also, there is a guy in the southeastern part of KY that makes them too. I will try and find some phone numbers for you guys.

All great things come from KY..... thatsright  lol! 

DrMud wrote:
The bottom is angled up to help ground clearance, can't really see it in this pic.

Tree kickers questions  DSC01287
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm

There were some like what DRMUD has, on ebay...don't know if they're still
there
Back to top Go down
Rzr879
SSXSRider Member
Rzr879

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:53 pm

You can see Rocky Ridge Racing's stuff on their Facebook page.  Their # is (270) 259-9604
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tree kickers questions    Tree kickers questions  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tree kickers questions
Page 1 of 1