SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

carryville flats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stomper1

stomper1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-02-23

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

looking to ride from trails end to carryville flats not sure which trails to take . anybody know which trails they are .
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:37 am

You have a few options.

GPS units with the maps are available for rent at TE.

Buy Dan's maps and load them on a GPS unit, which are awesome and cover far more than just what you mentioned.

Download Dan's Google Earth version for free. Make your ride route by that and use your own paper copy.

I have Dan's maps and the GE version.  I picked up a Garmin at Amazon for less than $100, loaded the maps and I must say...  THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST THING I HAVE DONE in regards to riding.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:48 am

I have disabled the GE version due to copyright violations. What you have will still work but will not be updated. I am presently looking at different presentations that would provide copyright protection... but no luck so far.

On the GPS version, do a Find or Where To, look for Flats OL... should be in Attractions... do a GO and the GPS will point the way but you have to choose the trail to use...
Back to top Go down
stomper1

stomper1

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm

I have Dan's maps which are great . I ride out of trails End and didn't know what the flats were called know that I know what there called look like I will be making that ride. Thanks for the info Dan.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

don't get caught crossing WMA land without a permit, if the flats is far as you go into windrock park you may get by without one of there passes but maybe not. last time we rode from windrock to that hated place across from trailsend we had to have 3 permits, but we had a big group and didn't want any trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
stomper1

stomper1

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Got all permits required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

carryville flats Empty
PostSubject: Re: carryville flats   carryville flats Empty

Back to top Go down

carryville flats
Page 1 of 1