SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?

Go down 
+2
T.napier93
Gimpy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? Empty
PostSubject: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 am

My daughter said she saw where they have closed and cancelled all events.  Anyone know?  She said it is now for sale.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
T.napier93

T.napier93

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:14 am

Saw this info on DTORs facebook page.

Breaking News…….It’s hard to believe that nearly 4 years ago I opened The Dirty Turtle Offroad Park. I opened DTOR as I had a deep passion for offroading and enjoying that passion with others alike. I can’t tell you how awesome it is to see families enjoying our trail system and creating lasting memories. Who would have thought a tiny 270 acre park in Bedford, KY would play hosts to some of the biggest names in the sport? Even harder to imagine this park would end up on multiple TV shows, magazines and offroad segments alike. As I approach DTOR’s 4th Birthday I find that my passion for the sport is not what it was in the past. I didn’t start DTOR as an income stream or a way to make a living, but to fuel my passion for the sport. I’ve found recently the only reason I have kept DTOR is because it makes money and is now a vital established business. I have put a lot of things on hold with my other ventures to give DTOR and its supporters what it needed. The time has come for me to hand over the shell to someone(s) who shares in the same passion as I once had.
As much as I wanted to celebrate one last Birthday Bash with everyone, I am going to close the park under my realm after this weekend. (2/23).
ALL EVENTS FOR THE YEAR ARE CANCELLED AND ALL TRAIL RIDING IS CLOSED AFTER 2/23.
If you are interested in purchasing the Dirty Turtle Offroad, LLC and the property it operated on, please contact our office at 502.525.8226.
I personally appreciate all the support all of you have shown. I’ve learned a great deal from the offroad world.

... Kinda sucks, I had made plans to go in June for the SRRS race.

Last edited by T.napier93 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks for the update Joe.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
chadboehne
SSXSRider Member
chadboehne

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Man, I loved that place.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm

I know they have been battling with neighbors.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Rush Off-Road got their SRRS race for June 28th
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:53 am

T.napier93 wrote:
Saw this info on DTORs facebook page.

Breaking News…….It’s hard to believe that nearly 4 years ago I opened The Dirty Turtle Offroad Park. I opened DTOR as I had a deep passion for offroading and enjoying that passion with others alike. I can’t tell you how awesome it is to see families enjoying our trail system and creating lasting memories. Who would have thought a tiny 270 acre park in Bedford, KY would play hosts to some of the biggest names in the sport? Even harder to imagine this park would end up on multiple TV shows, magazines and offroad segments alike. As I approach DTOR’s 4th Birthday I find that my passion for the sport is not what it was in the past. I didn’t start DTOR as an income stream or a way to make a living, but to fuel my passion for the sport. I’ve found recently the only reason I have kept DTOR is because it makes money and is now a vital established business. I have put a lot of things on hold with my other ventures to give DTOR and its supporters what it needed. The time has come for me to hand over the shell to someone(s) who shares in the same passion as I once had.
As much as I wanted to celebrate one last Birthday Bash with everyone, I am going to close the park under my realm after this weekend. (2/23).
ALL EVENTS FOR THE YEAR ARE CANCELLED AND ALL TRAIL RIDING IS CLOSED AFTER 2/23.
If you are interested in purchasing the Dirty Turtle Offroad, LLC and the property it operated on, please contact our office at 502.525.8226.
I personally appreciate all the support all of you have shown. I’ve learned a great deal from the offroad world.

... Kinda sucks, I had made plans to go in June for the SRRS race.

Never been there but that seems kind of odd. If it was making money and you were just tired of messing with it or as he says lost intrest. Why not keep it open while you try to sell it? It sounds like he wants to sell the business not just the land. Business is worth less every day that its shut down and he has already kind of lost the point of established customers. Plus canceling already planned events just to put it up for sale? I would think that SRRS Race coming up woulld be an extra selling point.
Back to top Go down
T.napier93

T.napier93

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I thought it was kinda crazy to. Just up and close out of the blue. Ill be going to rush now for the SRRS race. I've been wanting to watch one forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?   What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's happened to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park?
Page 1 of 1