SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how much do you value engine breaking?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

how much do you value engine breaking? Empty
PostSubject: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Ad most of you know I bought 30 in roctanes. I now need a clutch system and have several options. If I change thr secondary I will lose engine breaking. On thr other hand i can get more power with a changed secondary. What would you do?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:11 pm

I have 30" Roctanes and no clutch work needed.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Mine is sluggish with new tires
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:27 pm

girdlerrzr wrote:

It's a Can Am.......  lol! 
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:07 am

I put a clutch kit in mine when I went to 28"s and it made a huge difference. Go to a larger tire your clutching will be off. I reduced the engine braking in mine and did away with the high speed engine braking. For me its perfect now. Doesn't constantly lock my back wheels up and when I jump its not like I'm landing with my brake pedal floored. I would not want to do away with engine breaking though. Its nice to having when your creeping down hills.
Back to top Go down
chadboehne
SSXSRider Member
chadboehne

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:55 am

I did the same as 8ball and love it. Just make sure you get an adjustable clutch.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:39 pm

I know the Jagged came with a different clutch setup than stock.  No power loss with the 30s and the engine braking is great, not as good as the 800 DDP clutching but still very good.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Big-R wrote:
girdlerrzr wrote:

That's just mean  lol! 

Eat Eat 
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
Big-R wrote:
girdlerrzr wrote:

That's just mean  lol! 

Eat Eat 

hes just jealous thatsright 
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

im leaning towards the cvtech with a new spring in the secondary
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:53 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
I know the Jagged came with a different clutch setup than stock.  No power loss with the 30s and the engine braking is great, not as good as the 800 DDP clutching but still very good.

Yours has 61 gram weights x 900 4 has 59 gram weights one of the mods people do to a jagged is install weights from a standard 900 because less weight will get the rpms up and keep it from shifting out to fast. A clutch kit includes new springs adjustable weights and a whole new helix. The stock weights are fixed so you can change the entire arm for a different weight but you can not adjust where the weight is on the arm. Well I mean I guess with a grinder and some job weld you could. Where the weight is on the arm is as big of deal as the total weight of the arm. The helix and the springs is what effects the engine braking. They adjust the helix for how you want the engine braking to behave or if you want it gone all together.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:26 pm

so yall would keep the engine breaking or go for the most power?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:29 pm

girdlerrzr wrote:

With the riding we do....... engine breaking!!! With my stock XP 900 I have to use the gas to go down hill. I like that feeling.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Big-R wrote:
girdlerrzr wrote:

With the riding we do....... engine breaking!!! With my stock XP 900 I have to use the gas to go down hill. I like that feeling.

Ditto...
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Engine breaking shouldn't cause you to lose power. Well I mean on a rzr it doesn't. I honestly don't know anything about how a can am clutch works. I would think it would be the same. But like they said I would not do away with it completely. If they can do away with the high speed but keep the low speed I'd go that route. If it's all or none then I'd keep all. It really does help and it's better for your belt if the clutch stays engaged vs on the brakes and free wheeling down hills not to mention when you do get back on the gas and the belt takes the shock of the clutch grabbing all the sudden.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? EmptyThu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm

It is all or nothing with the engine breaking but it also lowers the point that it engages as i take it from the shop that is setting it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much do you value engine breaking?   how much do you value engine breaking? Empty

Back to top Go down

how much do you value engine breaking?
Page 1 of 1