SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Stewart...Murder?

Go down 
+7
BCRacing24
S
bush
DirtDawber
RZR_Joe
ChrisC
samiam
11 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Tony Stewart...Murder? Empty
PostSubject: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:05 am

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:01 pm

You can hear the motor rev right as it happened , He kicked it side ways.
He did it on purpose....... pale 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I've watched that video 50 times, nothing can be determined from that vantage point. Don't jump to conclusions.......Do you really think a professional driver ran someone over on purpose?...Really?
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Either way... damn.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Tragic...very tragic
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

The guy should have never been out of his car!
Back to top Go down
BCRacing24
SSXSRider Member
BCRacing24

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:00 am

This is why you stay in your car !! Just because a yellow light\flag is out doesn't mean everyone has slown down. Under caution many drivers are looking at their gauges, adjusting front to rear brake bias, seat belts, tear-offs ect, hell slow in a race car under caution can be 30-50mph depending on track size...... Tony drove off into turn #1 hot, either assuming or hoping it would stick, track was black slicked. Tony could have played freight train and followed the kid around the top the entire race, but let's be realistic this is racing.... What happened was a common Sprint car racing accident. Getting out of the car screaming,hollering,pointing & throwing things ??
People see this same stuff happen on NASCAR and think its cool, but NASCAR has spotters to tell drivers "dummy on track in turn #1" and NASCAR tracks have much better lighting. While Tony may or may not of had another option, the kid clearly did👎 if you have never driven a race car then you have no idea what actually goes on inside. With the top wing, front spoiler, hood scoop, helmet,poor lighting & kid dressed in all black it's no wonder the kid got hit. NOT a Tony S. fan but clearly this was accidental & the kid is at fault for ultimately putting himself in harms way. #1 rule in racing, unless your on fire stay in car until officials arrive !!! 😟

Last edited by BCRacing24 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 am

tragic accident, but kid should have not been out on track, black suit and poor lighting, I doubt anybody saw him till it was too late. Ive raced dirt many times and the last thing your looking for when a yellow is out is a person, your looking for the car wreck you may have to dodge. I don't think at all Stewart did anything on purpose to hurt the kid.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:54 pm

I think he tried to scare thr kid and accidentally hit him
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 am

girdlerrzr wrote:
I think he tried to scare thr kid and accidentally hit him

If that turns out to be true, he can kiss his career and his fortune and freedom goodbye. they would nail him to the wall, but I don't believe he's that stupid but people do stupid stuff all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:51 pm

I think he tried to sling mud on the kid and when it broke loose more then he planned. You can hear his engine rev. Now maybe that was just him pushing in the clutch. But by the video it looks like he blipped the throttle and got sideways.. But I mean come on, the kid got out of his car and proceeded to cross the track in front of cars trying to get infront of Tonys car to give him a piece of his mind or start a fight.. I have a hard time feeling bad for someone who gets ran over by a race car trying to walk infront of them during a race.. Its obvious his actions were the major factor in him getting hit. Noone believes in personal responsibility in this country though so all the blame will go on Tony. Kind of like you flip a rhino doing a donut and you can sue Yamaha for your mistake....
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/167139-tony-stewart-crash-investigators-criminal-behavior-time/

Crash Investigators Looked Into Filing Criminal Charges Against Tony Stewart for Hitting Young Man
9,781 Shares By Mike Miller 3 hours ago
stewart
Authorities investigating the tragic accident that took the life of Sprint Car driver, Kevin Ward Jr., have issued a statement saying there is no basis at this time to file criminal charges against Tony Stewart, who struck and killed the young driver after a previous-lap altercation during a race in New York.
Here’s Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero:
“As we speak, at this time, there are no facts that exist that support any criminal behavior or conduct or any probable cause of a criminal act in this investigation.”
As reported by ABC News, investigators are reviewing two videos of the crash and are looking for additional recordings and eyewitness testimony from both spectators and other drivers on the course.
In our Monday post on the accident, which, as of this writing, has been viewed in excess of 1.3 million times, we asked the question: Should criminal charges be filed against Tony Stewart?
Pending the emergence of further evidence and/or testimony, the answer is currently “no.”
Back to top Go down
BCRacing24
SSXSRider Member
BCRacing24

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:05 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
I think he tried to sling mud on the kid and when it broke loose more then he planned. You can hear his engine rev. Now maybe that was just him pushing in the clutch. But by the video it looks like he blipped the throttle and got sideways..

Sprint cars don't have a clutch.....
With the way the cars are set up (cross & left side weight, rear percentage, tire stagger, caster, pre load on the torsion bars, chassis rake ect...... The car turns via throttle much more so than by steering. Like I said I'm earlier post, between the upper wing, front spoiler, hood scoop, low in cock-pit seat, low lighting & worst of all kid dressed in all black, there are many factors backing why Tony didn't see him. By the time the actual "caution" came out Tony was into turn 3 or possibly exiting turn 4 coming back to 1, very little time to slow down. Did Tony even know the kid got stuffed into the wall ?? Possibly not. Ward could have checked up as Tony had the pass all but completed. One with a sharp eye could even argue Ward jumped the cushion. With out having in car footage of Tony's car it's hard to say, even with it would be touchy. I would like to whole heartedly think Tony flat out never seen him until the last sec. Who knows.....😔

At the end of the day, Ward would still be alive if he had stayed inside his car. Fact !!
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:43 pm

BCRacing24 wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:
I think he tried to sling mud on the kid and when it broke loose more then he planned. You can hear his engine rev. Now maybe that was just him pushing in the clutch. But by the video it looks like he blipped the throttle and got sideways..

With the way the cars are set up (cross & left side weight, rear percentage, tire stagger, caster, pre load on the torsion bars, chassis rake ect...... The car turns via throttle much more so than by steering. Like I said I'm earlier post, between the upper wing, front spoiler, hood scoop, low in cock-pit seat, low lighting & worst of all kid dressed in all black, there are many factors backing why Tony didn't see him. By the time the actual "caution" came out Tony was into turn 3 or possibly exiting turn 4 coming back to 1, very little time to slow down. Did Tony even know the kid got stuffed into the wall ?? Possibly not. Ward could have checked up as Tony had the pass all but completed. One with a sharp eye could even argue Ward jumped the cushion. With out having in car footage of Tony's car it's hard to say, even with it would be touchy. I would like to whole heartedly think Tony flat out never seen him until the last sec. Who knows.....😔

At the end of the day, Ward would still be alive if he had stayed inside his car. Fact !!

And the way track looked it would be slick as ice. I think before everyone is quick to judge Tony. They need to but themselves in the situation. Racers are looking for cars and corners ahead of them. Not some kid running around on the track. I personally feel sorry for Tony. It would be like if someone jumped out in front you as you going down the freeway and you hit them. How would you feel about that? I know, I would have a hard time living with it. (What if I?) Sorry if some don't agree but, I think there are two victims in this accident. One who lost their and one who has to live with it.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 pm

S wrote:
BCRacing24 wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:

And the way track looked it would be slick as ice. I think before everyone is quick to judge Tony. They need to but themselves in the situation. Racers are looking for cars and corners ahead of them. Not some kid running around on the track. I personally feel sorry for Tony. It would be like if someone jumped out in front you as you going down the freeway and you hit them. How would you feel about that? I know, I would have a hard time living with it. (What if I?)   Sorry if some don't agree but, I think there are two victims in this accident. One who lost their and one who has to live with it.

Ditto  bad for everyone involved
Back to top Go down
BCRacing24
SSXSRider Member
BCRacing24

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:33 pm

8ball_99 wrote:

This was posted a few hours ago, backs what I was saying about throttle steer.....

http://www.motorsport.com/sprint/news/sprint-car-racers-give-their-take-on-tragedy-and-defend-tony-stewart/
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 pm

The kid lunged and tried to grab the wing on Tonys car....back tire is two feet wide.....I think Tony seen him lunge and goosed the car trying to turn away and the kid was just too close to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stewart...Murder?   Tony Stewart...Murder? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Stewart...Murder?
Page 1 of 1