SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground

Go down 
+4
Rhino X 2
samiam
Gimpy
jodyt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground Empty
PostSubject: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Friday, Day 1...
I had 15 machines to start this day, Not far into the ride a loose bolt backed out of a new set of hiems on a new 1000. By the grace of God we found the bolt on the ground behind his machine. We made short work of the repair and continued on. A little while later a 900 started developing electrical issues, after exhausting all possibilities it was decided to tow it off the trail and hide it in the woods. The driver got in with me and finished the ride...we went back after the ride and I towed him out to his trailer. That was our last issue until we got to the first climb on the Widow Maker trail. A 800s had a 4x4 button that was working intermittently, he got up on the 1st rock and without knowing he was not in 4x4 got crossed up and rolled off the rock. The only damage was a bent door and bruised ego. After getting the machine back on all 4 we diagnosed and fixed the button issue and the machine finished the climb under its own power. The rest of the group had no issues the rest of the way up the entire widow maker trail. After a short break at the top of the Widow maker we made our way down the Back of the Dragon and over to Turley and down Puncheon Creek Camp trail. We then went out past the Flame and went left across the swinging bridge to start our way back to camp via trails. Coming up a rutted section of trail an 800 RZR broke a left rear axle when he got in a bind with too much throttle...his day was done. Over the hill behind him I see the 1000 that lost the wheel earlier in day setting funny on the other side...looks like the bolt on the hiem on the other side had backed out this time. We didn't have the same luck this time finding the bolt. after studying the situation it was determined that a fender bolt was the same thread pitch, after a short repair job he was back on the ground and underway. With the broke axle we decided to take easier trail back to camp. We finished the day with almost 75 miles and all but one machine made it back under their own power. Thanks to Gregory W Hollon for running Sweeper for me today.

Pictures...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.738267189560820.1073741901.100001326373977&type=1&l=339ce8a944

Day 1 Video...
https://youtu.be/AYVZydPOQM4

Saturday, Day 2...
This day I started out with 19 machines. We had had our 1st issue at the bottom of trail 17, and 800s 4 had got his breaks hot coming over the hill and boiled his brake fluid. After a quick bleeding we were back on the trail. Our next challenge came on the 1st climb of the widow maker trail. An Arctic Cat Wildcat X hooked a rock with his right front and bent his tie rod end. This guy came prepared,which all of us should do to, he had a spare tie rod in his box. A quick 30 minute trailside repair and we were back under way. The rest of the climb of the Widow Maker was pretty much uneventful. After a short brak3 at the top of the mountain we made our way over to Turley and down Puncheon Camp Creek Trail. On the first BIG rock the lady behind me lade her 900 XP4 on the rear door, after a quick upright she drove off the rock. The rest of the group had no problems. At the second BIG rock a 800s4 come off of it and caught a lone rock laying on the ground just right and snapped the treads off of the inner tie rod end, When that happened the wheel was forced around and broke the cage on the outer CV Joint. Sniper, My sweeper for the day diagnosed the problems and told me what the situation was and what was needed. We needed an inner tie rod end for an 800 RZR, to get him out. Well, I just so happened to have just the part he was looking for...I use to have an 800 RZR as well. I carry several spare parts, and it is for this very reason. After I took the rest of the group down to flat ground I turned around and went back up the mountain to take them the needed repair part. After a short trail repair he was back on the ground and ready to head back to camp. With a broken front axle his day was done. We went on down the mountain and made a quick stop at the Eternal Flame then made our way via easy trails back to camp. We rolled into camp just before 6PM with 70 miles behind us, with all 19 machines behind me under their own power. I want to thank Mark Mahoney, Marla Howard, and all of the rest of the people that put this event together. I am proud to have been a small part of it. Also thanks to Sniper for sweeping for me today.

Pictures...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.738277016226504.1073741902.100001326373977&type=1&l=934c7b292d

Day 2 video...
https://youtu.be/Q5_WmMbh3N4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Good times you all had, that I see I missed out on.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:22 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Nice video
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Cool video, one of my favorite trails. Looks like a few took some interesting lines up Window Maker scratch
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Yea I am not sure what they were thinking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Chug
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Great video! What a fun time.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 am

Great video and pictures!!!! Looked like a great time. Obviously a great recruiting weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground   RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Forum East Coast Ride hosted by Trails End Campground
Page 1 of 1