SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

super daves fox shock bushings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

super daves fox shock bushings Empty
PostSubject: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:42 pm

put them on a few weeks ago and there are no more squeaks and i swear it rides better. only thing i can think of is there is no metal on metal like stock and the super dave bushing dampens the hit.

was a pain to get these out of the rear shock but once i got learned how to get them out it wast too bad

super daves fox shock bushings 10639610

super daves fox shock bushings 10629510

much simpler design
super daves fox shock bushings 10710810
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 am

I need to do the same. I lube mine about every other ride and it is getting to be too much work.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

I do the Goose and Heath lube, Anti Seize Grease. Lasts about 9 to 12 months on mine.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Gimpy wrote:
I do the Goose and Heath lube, Anti Seize Grease.  Lasts about 9 to 12 months on mine.

Might have to try that. I am using regular copper anti seize on mine and get about 200-250 miles out of them before they start squeaking like crazy.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
SSXSRider Member
oldmustangjunkie

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:23 pm

I clean mine thoroughly (degrease and sand if needed) and put a tiny amount of green grease in them. I reinstall the o-ring and make sure no grease has escaped. It's worked for about 800mi with no noise on my xp.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 am

i did that every few rides also but just decided to try the bushings. it was worth it just for the ride and id say i wont have to worry about squeaks any more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: super daves fox shock bushings   super daves fox shock bushings Empty

Back to top Go down

super daves fox shock bushings
Page 1 of 1