SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Their coming for us. The CPSC....

Go down 
+9
edge22
RedNeckRanger
GunRunner
KY. Colonel
ohsresq
samiam
Goose
MIKE_D
ridepate
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Their coming for us. The CPSC.... Empty
PostSubject: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:13 pm

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission today voted 3 - 2 to begin the process for a rule imposing a mandatory product standard for recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs), commonly referred to as side-by-sides.

http://www.rohva.org/pressroom.aspx?v=43
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:48 am

Eat
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 am

Here comes Uncle Sam trying to protect us from us. sometimes people have to be responsible for themselves. Mad
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Ok, so certified cages and restraints...I'm having trouble thinking of anything else. Do you think a limit on HP and or speed? What else? How bout snowmobiles and PWCs, are they involved with any regulation? Guessing the age restrictions could be more enforced.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Sounds like some environmentalist are working for CPSC don't like Side by sides and wants to try an regulate them out of existence. a little at a time or make them so expensive with stability systems and the such to price them out of the market.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:55 pm

It was only a matter of time until some gov't. agency decided to jump on the side by side bandwagon. We can only wait to see how restrictive they are and how much their interference will cost us at the dealers and associated vendors, they won't be left out either.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 am

with machines that cost as much as cars did you think they wouldn't
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 6:50 pm

its all about the numbers ...they see all of those tax dollars there missing....you know they will have to tax them to cover there services
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Polaris is squirming....LOL

Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm

I am so sick of our F-in government!!!!!!!! I wish they would focus on something that matters.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:46 pm

ridepate wrote:

Don't laugh to hard Pate it's not just Polaris. And yes I think the Gov is doing this because SXS are so popular and they are looking for new ways to get money. I think some environmental lobby group is really behind this and has nothing to do with safety

Last edited by ohsresq on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 pm

ohsresq wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Don't laugh to hard Pate it's not just Polaris. And yes I think the Gov is doing because SXS are so popular and  they are looking for new ways to get money. I think some environmental lobby group is really behind this and has nothing to do with safety

That's my bet.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Big-R wrote:
I am so sick of our F-in government!!!!!!!!  I wish they would focus on something that matters.  

Right there with you Big R.  

The worst regulation EPA ever came out with is the small engines (weed eaters) with 2 stroke engines cannot be adjusted by an individual.  You have to be certified, trained and have the "SPECIAL TOOL" or face big fines.  So this is the way it goes,  your engine won't run right or won't run at all, you need it now, but have to take to a certified repair facility, wait 2 weeks for someone who gets next to nothing pay to do a half ass job, then you get to the site to trim and it is still out of adjustment.  Found the tool for $7.00 on line and fixed myself, 2 years ago.  

Their coming for us. The CPSC.... 20pxykn

Their coming for us. The CPSC.... 2uy3b6v
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Gimpy,
Been using a dremel with a cut-off wheel to cut slots in the H-L adjustments for a long time...With Ethanol it becomes troublesome for sure. Tried to crank my Homelite saw last weekend for the first time in about 4 months. Ran fine the last time I ran it. The fuel-line in the tank had turned to mush.....Boat-owners are running into thousands of dollars worth of fuel-system repairs. Plastic tanks are falling apart and have caused some serious fires and explosions and a few deaths as a result.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 pm

ridepate wrote:
Gimpy,
Been using a dremel with a cut-off wheel to cut slots in the H-L adjustments for a long time...With Ethanol it becomes troublesome for sure. Tried to crank my Homelite saw last weekend for the first time in about 4 months. Ran fine the last time I ran it. The fuel-line in the tank had turned to mush.....Boat-owners are running into thousands of dollars worth of fuel-system repairs. Plastic tanks are falling apart and have caused some serious fires and explosions and a few deaths as a result.

Dremel is a great answer-thanks. I did get two of the most common tools for that price. They work on everything I own.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:39 am

I have been using Star-Tron to battle the Ethanol war. No complaints thus far. Add it to the Toyhauler tank and run it in all small engines too even with mix gas. Give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am

I've been using Sea Foam on my saw works great.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:59 pm

I just use pure gas.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:19 pm

If you want to find a gas station that sells pure gas near you. Try pure-gas.org it will give you a list of dealers and the octane levels they sell.
Back to top Go down
hutch
SSXSRider Member
hutch

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm lucky enough to have a gas station near by that has ethanol free super unleaded. Well worth the the extra cost to save headaches. When we raced go karts the methanol fuels would break down plastic fuel jugs if you left it setting for any length of time and there is the problem of alcohol in general being hygroscopic absorbing moisture from the air which will make mess in a fuel system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Their coming for us. The CPSC....   Their coming for us. The CPSC.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Their coming for us. The CPSC....
Page 1 of 1