SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?

Go down 
+3
RZR_Joe
njcraddock
LeslieJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LeslieJ
SSXSRider Member
LeslieJ

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-31

What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? Empty
PostSubject: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 am

I have been looking at the Polaris 4 900, I am wondering what folks that have these use to haul and camp in. I currently have a Work and Play with a 10' garage, too small. Not wanting a $70,000 unit.... I starting looking at enclosed trailers, I use to have a Featherlite 4 horse trailer with living quarters and loved it. So, I was looking at trailers like that, with the back open, $80,000... I really would like to get an aluminum gooseneck, with at least 20' garage. So, far I have only found one used one within 200 miles.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:36 am

I use a 24' enclosed tag-along DIY toy hauler. I started a build thread last year when I got the trailer but really haven't updated it in a while. I basically have a bed and bathroom in the front with a kitchen and dinette behind that. The rear 12' or so has a bunk that swings down from the roof and a futon that folds against the wall. Definitely a labor intensive project but I am happy with the results. It's just a bit tight for a family of four though. If I had to do it all over again I would get a 36' gooseneck with a tapered front (since I have an F-250 short bed) and build it. I would love to get an aluminum trailer but they are $$$! There's no need for a 20' garage unless you are hauling more than the RZR. I would also check out the Balboa and Livin' Lite gooseneck/fifth wheel toy haulers, they are both similar to the Work N' Play.

http://www.miragetrailers.com/index.php/balboa-toy-haulers.html

http://www.livinlite.com/toy-haulers.php
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Kinda like Nathan we have a toy hauler / trailer. I had ours custom built 44' long gooseneck with 24' garage (we haul 2 machines) and a 20' living quarters. It's made by Freedom trailers in FL and they will build it anyway you like it.

What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? IMG_20141112_091715_644_zpsb353a7d2
Back to top Go down
LeslieJ
SSXSRider Member
LeslieJ

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:39 pm

RZR Joe, do they have a website with floor layout options? I really would like to get a Gooseneck, around 36'.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Freedom Trailers

They only sell through dealers. I got mine through Wagon Master in AL. Ty Justus is the owners name and he's a great guy to deal with and followed through on everything we wanted. I shopped around and got quotes from several places and they came in under budget and were the only ones to be able to build it in the time frame I needed. They will build it anyway you want.
Back to top Go down
LeslieJ
SSXSRider Member
LeslieJ

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I think we will just rent a cabin or take two trucks this season and use the camper that we have. I want to make sure we are going to enjoy it before we go all in. We have changed hobbies a lot of the years as the kids have grown. I started with a Aluminum Horse Trailer w/ Living Quarters, then a Motorhome, to a Toy Hauler, to a 5th Wheel Camper, to a small bumper pull toy hauler. I'm ready to settle in one and keep it....
Back to top Go down
LeslieJ
SSXSRider Member
LeslieJ

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:34 am

I bought a 900 4 seater yesterday, on my way to Royal Blue today.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Congrats on your purchase. Have fun on the maiden journey.
Back to top Go down
pushrod 1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:25 pm

iam with rzr joe, we also have 44ft. race car trailer. 22ft. garage, 22ft. living quarters.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Here is mine, https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/t9378-my-new-cargo-trailer-toy-hauler?highlight=cargo+trailer+camper
I've kicked around building another one a few times. Just cause I've changed trucks and now I only carry a single XP 900 now vs two 800s. Of course I have a few ideas and features for a new trailer lol. But honestly this trailer has worked out great. Easy to pull and hasn't gave me a bit of trouble. I really do think your better off with a cargo camper or a race car trailer with living quarters then you are with a typical camper.. Work and plays are pretty good. But my sister bought one around the time I've built this trailer and I've had to work on hers a few times. In fact I got a call yesterday that they think they have a water leak and water damage.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:10 am

Agreed. I miss my old cargo trailer camper. I like it better than my current XLR. However, just put a deposit on a Jagged X last night so the garage in my XLR is now too small so I will be on the lookout for a new camper that will fit a 4 seater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?   What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you camp in with the Polaris 4 900?
Page 1 of 1