SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm needing new tires and wheels

Go down 
+7
Reeko
DOG
STR8RZR
blu-knight
Gimpy
Raccer
njcraddock
11 posters
AuthorMessage
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

I'm needing new tires and wheels Empty
PostSubject: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Well, after close to 2000 miles on my 30" Blackwaters it's time to get some new tires. Pitbull has a new 30"x10"x14" Growler that looks good. I had a set of Rockers previously and loved them. They also gave out certificates at the big forum ride for 15% off. Unfortunately, this also necessitates new wheels. I've been looking at the STI HD beadlocks with the Slik-kote. Amazon has some 14x7s for $92 ea. Should I get 4+3 or stay a little narrower with 5+2? Do the folks with the STIs like them? Any other wheels I should look at?
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm

I had the 4+3's and went with the 5+2's due to the amount of mud they throw up and some of the tight trails we ride.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Love my STI HD Slik-Kote's on the S. I like the Rocktanes on the XP better than the Blackwaters on muddy rock climbs. When I wear the Rocktanes out, I am going with the 30's.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 pm

I wish I knew pit bull was coming out with 30s. I just bought a set of 30s roctanes. I used to run 27.5 growlers and loved them I just wanted larger tires and at the time pit bull didn't offer them
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:30 am

Yea like Greg said I'd get the 5-2 offset. U can't keep the mud off u from the 4-3. No problems with the sti beadlocks tho.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:35 pm

about to pull the trigger on 32 inch roctanes mounted on sti hd5 beadlocks 14x9 machine finished wheels that are 5-4 offset.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 pm

DOG wrote:
about to pull the trigger on 32 inch roctanes mounted on sti hd5 beadlocks 14x9 machine finished wheels that are 5-4 offset.
I'm not sure my buggy can handle tires that big unless I go with the portal axles like Joe did.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Same here. I took the 4+3 off and sold them and went to 5+2 STI HD5s.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Reeko how do u like the 5+2 hd5 vs the 4+3. I am thinking of going with hd5 that are 5+4 offset because the stock rims are to narrow and don't look good on the 1k plus with the lift it actually narrowed it up a little
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 6:01 am

I like them. I don't get covered in as mud. Paid around $400 for all 4 shipped.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:23 pm

I have a question. Does the 5+2 rub the inside of the front A arms?
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Big-R wrote:
I have a question.  Does the 5+2 rub the inside of the front A arms?  
Short answer is no. According to Matthew at ATV outfitters there really is only one part number for the 14x7 STI hd beadlock slik-kote wheels. Some distributors have them listed as 5+2 and others have them listed as 4+3. That may not be the same for their other models though, can't answer that.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 am

The hd5's are 5+2. Chip has them on his 1k with no rubbing. Andy has them on his 900 with no rubbing.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:08 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
The hd5's are 5+2. Chip has them on his 1k with no rubbing. Andy has them on his 900 with no rubbing.

I can understand 5+2 working on a XP 1000. They come with a zero offset wheel. However, a XP 900 has a 4+2 front and 6+2 rear on a stock machine. If you put a 5+2 on the front then you add an inch of wheel to the inside. I know Mark had a set of 5+2 and it rubbed his shock mount.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Big-R wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

I can understand 5+2 working on a XP 1000.  They come with a zero offset wheel.  However, a XP 900 has a 4+2 front and 6+2 rear on a stock machine.   If you put a 5+2 on the front then you add an inch of wheel to the inside.  I know Mark had a set of 5+2 and it rubbed his shock mount.  
Mine do not rub. I think they are basically the wheels as yours, right? Are yours rubbing? Are you looking at some new wheels too?
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:08 pm

I have STI HD Beadlocks on my Rzr XP 900 and the only option is 4+3 on the 4/156 pattern.  How would you run 5/2 on the Jagged X?  I thought it also was 4/156 bolt pattern.

STI offers 5+2 in 4/110 or 4/137 but not 4/156.

I love my beadlocks but had to stop running low air pressure.  I cut 2 tires at the same time running 6 psi.  I now stick with 11 psi with beadlocks.  The positive is I don't have to worry about peeling a tire off the rim (been there and done that in the winter -- awful....).

As a sidenote I use extended flares so the 4+3 is fine.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:27 pm

I run STI HD5 5+2 on my Jagged X with no problems. I had 4+3 on it when I bought it but wanted it a bit more narrow.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

I am now running sti beadlocks that are 5+4 offset and they didn't seem to rub on the 1k but I only have 1 ride on them.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 8:41 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Big-R wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

I can understand 5+2 working on a XP 1000.  They come with a zero offset wheel.  However, a XP 900 has a 4+2 front and 6+2 rear on a stock machine.   If you put a 5+2 on the front then you add an inch of wheel to the inside.  I know Mark had a set of 5+2 and it rubbed his shock mount.  
Mine do not rub. I think they are basically the wheels as yours, right? Are yours rubbing? Are you looking at some new wheels too?

No, I am not looking for new wheels, just asking questions. I think yours are the same offset as mine. 4+3
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Big-R wrote:
njcraddock wrote:
Big-R wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

No, I am not looking for new wheels, just asking questions. I think yours are the same offset as mine. 4+3
Yeah, I was thinking that they were the same except for the finish. You get your tires mounted yet?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:54 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Big-R wrote:
njcraddock wrote:
Big-R wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that they were the same except for the finish.  You get your tires mounted yet?

Not yeah, but I will by next weekend. I might go riding.
Back to top Go down
CDJohnson

CDJohnson

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am

I have no experience of handling such big tires of SUV.  I am also looking for the suitable tires for my Peugeot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.wapcar.my/
ownceres

ownceres

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2020-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 9:17 am

What tires did you end up getting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm needing new tires and wheels   I'm needing new tires and wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm needing new tires and wheels
Page 1 of 1