SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New and in South Carolina

Go down 
+5
Gimpy
bush
njcraddock
Wingman
Stickstr82
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stickstr82

Stickstr82

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-02-19

New and in South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 10:32 am

Hey
My name is Sean and I am living in the Columbia area in SC. I am wantin to get into SxS riding and introduce my kids to riding in the outdoors, but I am concerned over the lack of riding opportunities here in the area.
I grew up out west riding quads and dirtbikes in the 80's and it seemed like every park, open space and mountain was a place we could ride. Also when I was in the army at Bragg we would go 4wheelin Uwharrie as well as head out west but that was before responsibility. Haha
I an looking to buy a rzr4 or something comparable but I am worried about dropping the coin to end up with a garage bound machine, or if I have to drive 6 hours just to ride.
If someone could help me out and give me info on places to ride that won't break the bank and clubs in the area to join so I can start riding Iwould appreciate it.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:48 pm

You are an hour from Carolina Adventure World. About 2.5 to Uwharrie, 5 to Royal Blue, Windrock or the Spearhead Trails. You can be in Bramwell WV in 4.5 hours. I would bet your kids would not mind sleeping while you are trailering that rig around!!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Hey Sean, welcome2 I too live in SC, although I'm in the upstate. You are correct, there's very few riding areas in SC. About the only one that's worth anything is Carolina Adventure World, and it isn't very far from you, just off I-77 up by Lake Wateree. It's good for day trips I suppose but I wouldn't want to take an extended weekend there.
I am not aware of any SxS clubs in the area. Honestly, the folks here in this club are the only folks I ride with besides local friends. And it is doubtful that you will be able to find a better group of folks. There are several of us that also have young children and we try to make it a very family friendly atmosphere. We mostly will ride areas in East Tennessee and Kentucky, such as TWRA, Royal Blue, Coal Creek, and Black Mtn. The riding in these areas rival anywhere in the country as there are hundreds of thousands of acres and thousands of miles of trails. To me, it is worth driving a few hours.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

welcome2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Welcome to the site. drive
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:12 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:29 pm

welcome2 nice to have you on the site. As mentioned above this is a very family oriented group I know having to drive for hours just to get to a riding area is a bummer but the adventure and comradiere is worth it. Hope to see you on the trails soon.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:50 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:28 am

Guys, he made one post and hasn't been back on the board since the end of February.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and in South Carolina   New and in South Carolina Empty

Back to top Go down

New and in South Carolina
Page 1 of 1