SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to flip a rhino back over?

Go down 
+7
Tellico450
rcmass
GunRunner
Gary
wvyankee2
ChrisC
RZRSguy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

How to flip a rhino back over? Empty
PostSubject: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am

I posted this also on the ridge runners site but was also looking for any other feedback to a problem that could happen. I flipped my rhino on it's side last year but luckily had 8 other guys help me flip it back over. I was thinking how would a guy flip a side by side back on all 4's if he were by himself? Could it be done with a winch mounted on the front? This is possible to ride because this past weekend while going through what appeared to be a small mud hole the rhino just about flipped. Luckily we had another rider that was ablt to stand on one side to assist. Any suggestions? What has anyone else to remedy this other than riding with a partner? These rides are so heavy it seems unlikely most 4 wheelers could flip them back, especially if situated on a tight trail or an incline.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:47 am

Hook a snatch block to a tree , and run the winch cable through the snatch block and back and hook to the top
or the rollbar. then stand back and take the wireless remote
from warn XT30. and watch it
turn its self back up right. Wink
Then sit down and think about all the shit that just happened.
so you wont do that again..... cheers
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:14 am

Would be best to have 2 snatch blocks and 2 tree saver straps to hook them to. May not be able to get the right angle with only one.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

doing every thing the same with no trees or another machine bury a dead man in the ground sometimes with right hook up it works with ease .OK gunney I need help on this one every body will be carrying guns lol Gary
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:55 am

buy a winch assy. kit from warn, 89.00 it has two nylon straps, hookups, snatch block and all, you can do about anything with it and a good winch.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:03 pm

I had uprighted mine by myself only once.... it wasnt that heavy - but I was uprighting in the easiest direction with the land.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:38 pm

rcmass wrote:
I had uprighted mine by myself only once.... it wasnt that heavy - but I was uprighting in the easiest direction with the land.

So that was the straw that broke the Mass's back Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 5:19 pm

nice one yank.... Wink

it didnt hurt that bad - at the time, adrenaline pumping - a day later though Wink sheesh...
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:47 pm

come-a-longs work too!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:33 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
rcmass wrote:

So that was the straw that broke the Mass's back Wink Razz

I was just thinking the same thing Marty..... :D
He turned his Rhino back over and now he is haveing back surgry.
So maybe turning your Rhino back over by hand is not good advise..... cheers
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 pm

gf's dad flipped his we winched it sideways back on its top(using his winch on his rhino) no snatch block or nothin just reeled er in sideways and back on all 4 she went
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RICK

RADICAL RICK

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:33 am

I have up-righted my rhino in an extreme thunderstorm at windrock while riding up a hill, the last part of trail #2, I cut the wheels into the hill to the max and gave maximum throttle and the rhino popped up on it's all fours. This is something that people still talk about that were there to witness! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhinorick
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 am

Rick , I have seen some of your pictures over at FR.net
and if anyone can do it. i know it would be you..... cheers

You are defenty extream..... king

Chris.... :D
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:54 pm

I flipped mine backwards at the beginning of summer at SlickRock in Tellico. I've got a four seater cage and it kept it from flipping on its top. After I got out I thought i would pull the front end down but it didn't work. I had to winch mine back down. Lucky I had a winch because Slickrock has been shutdown for over a year. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm

RADICAL RICK wrote:
I have up-righted my rhino in an extreme thunderstorm at windrock while riding up a hill, the last part of trail #2, I cut the wheels into the hill to the max and gave maximum throttle and the rhino popped up on it's all fours. This is something that people still talk about that were there to witness! Cool

Holy poo , Where have you been?

Is that funny or what, we start talking about flipping rhinos and Rick shows up. :(lmao:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 pm

uplaugh Ditto RICK !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to flip a rhino back over?   How to flip a rhino back over? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to flip a rhino back over?
Page 1 of 1