SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Veterans Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Happy Veterans Day  Empty
PostSubject: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 4:40 pm

I dont know if this has been said or not but i wanted to say Happy Veterans Day to all who have served our great country. Soldiers old glory
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Happy Veterans Day  540_293_resize_20130501_c3e7694021770ac52fb46b8bb86dd88a_jpg
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks.  I have never been thanked as much on Veterans Day as yesterday.  Got a big breakfast meal at work at a celebration that included 4 big shots from 4 different armed services.  Our mayor talked with me for a while.  Then went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and got a free steak dinner.  To me I see more smiles and happiness in the community, among the working folks, than ever before since Trump has been elected.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:33 am

Gimpy, you seem to have lived an interesting and fulfilling life. Did not know you were a vet, thanks, by the way, and your martial arts (spelling, term ?). I remember seein some photos of you with your black belt, was it? You should write a book.

I had a patient he was in his nineties and he had a photo of when he was in the service. He was standing next to the guy who played Tarzan who was in his costume of the little shorts he wore for the part. This guy made Tarzan look small. He was much of a man in contrast to the ninety yr. old sittin there. May try to post that pic if the family would be ok with it.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 6:14 pm

samiam wrote:
Gimpy, you seem to have lived an interesting and fulfilling life. Did not know you were a vet, thanks, by the way, and your martial arts (spelling, term ?). I remember seein some photos of you with your black belt, was it?  You should write a book.

I had a patient he was in his nineties and he had a photo of when he was in the service. He was standing next to the guy who played Tarzan who was in his costume of the little shorts he wore for the part. This guy made Tarzan look small. He was much of a man in contrast to the ninety yr. old sittin there. May try to post that pic if the family would be ok with it.

Thanks, but at 60 years old I am paying the price for all of the things I have done. 4 hip replacements on the right side, now the left knee has something wrong. People do say they hope to be in the shape I am in when the are 60. I hope to be in shape like our 90 year old part time priest we have. He walks at least 5 miles a day still. Work and St. Michaels church, the Knights of Columbus, St. Vincent DePaul and working at my place keeps me going.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day    Happy Veterans Day  Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Veterans Day
Page 1 of 1