SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

update from rcmass

Go down 
+4
cajuncoot
Clayboy
GunRunner
rcmass
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am

gents - most of you know I sold the rhino due to impending back surgery.... well just thought I would share an update....

November 13th is my surgery date. (pushed back by me to fit in recovery during slow periods at work)

At this point we are looking at 2 different procedures.

1) a 2 level fusion of L5/S1 and L4/L5 - with a flexible tip for preservation of mobility.

2) a one level fusion of L5/S1 with an artificial disc between L4/L5.

The second is the procedure all 3 of my surgeons have recommended - but my BCBS insurance deems it too experimental and will only approve the first option. We are appealing, and we will just have to await the outcome.

Either way - I will have a LONG recovery period. 5 days hospital - 2 weeks in bed - then PT for 12 weeks. Should be January 1 or so before I can really get back to work and think about life again. And then 6-8 months after the surgery before I should 100%.

Looks like I out of the sxs for quite sometime - I knew it would be long - but I didnt think it would be that long.

Realistically 2010 before I can start looking - IF I can ride by then with no pain. If I cant ride without pain - then I just have to give it up.

Anyway - you guys have been supportive when I sold my sxs- and I just wanted to give you an update as to whats shaking. Please keep posting pics and vids - god knows I miss it!!

I am truly glad I sold the rhino and picked up the Jeep - its been great to get the top off and ride with some wind in my hair - even if it is just to the office.

(though I do still have to look at large tracts of land for work - so the jeep has been doing some light offroading - and will continue!!)

for those that wish to read more - this is a great website that offers many details... not my docs - but the internet is great for info.

http://www.uscspine.com/treatment/disc-replacement.cfm

http://www.uscspine.com/treatment/lumbar-interbody-fusion.cfm
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 am

Good luck and fast recovery cheers
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 am

Thanks for the update and look forward to more. Keep your head up and take care of yourself. I wish you the best and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 am

I truly wish you the best of luck, whichever procedure(s) you have. I know how troublesome 'real' back problems are to deal with in everyday life. Dirt Chic had to have back surgery in 1999 stemming from an auto accident. She still has pain, to varying degrees, 24/7. The docs have been wanting to go back in to do somthing similar to what you're going to have, but she is really scared about another surgery.
Please keep us updated on this.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: back   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 5:14 pm

good luck RC didnt get to ride with ya any but enjoy your post, our prayers and thoughts are with you. Prayer
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Good luck bro. Keep us in the loop.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Good luck with the surgery. hope you will be
able to get back at it soon. and be able to hit the woods.... cheers
just dont try to do to much to quick. better to go slow
and be 100% than start early and have problems.

Chris..... allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:47 pm

All the best RC. 2010 will be here in the blink of an eye. RZR
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:42 pm

good luck my dads had 2 back surgeries and recovery didnt take that long and he is just fine not sure how extensive or different yalss are from each other but just keep your eye on the prize and dont give up the fun
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 pm

RC, I hate that you have to go through all that. I wish you the best. Prayer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

update from rcmass Empty
PostSubject: Re: update from rcmass   update from rcmass Empty

Back to top Go down

update from rcmass
Page 1 of 1