SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Removing Tires From Rim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wildman02
SSXSRider Member
wildman02

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Removing Tires From Rim Empty
PostSubject: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 1:49 pm

I have a set of Roctanes that I can't bust off the rim. I tried spoons first, high lift jack pushing down on sidewall second. Now a manual tire changer to no avail. I was wanting to do this myself. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? The tires are still good so I don't want to damage them.
Back to top Go down
bamajoe
SSXSRider Member
bamajoe

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 pm

suggestions due it being so cold take tires and wheel inside house for at least 24 to 48 hours then soap and wate r and then some one to help you stand on tire and should come off i did this process on jeep tires before its a two person job for sure
Back to top Go down
jimclemjr

jimclemjr

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:35 pm

If you have a long 4x4 wood post and put it under a vehicle and use a short 4x4 block on the tire and like it is a fulcrum point as you use the wood post to lift the vehicle you will be pressing down on the tire to break it down.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 6:59 am

Lay the tire/rim flat, using a 3' 2x10 lay it on the tire like a ramp. Get it close to the rim but not touching then drive your truck up on it. Been there done that
Back to top Go down
wildman02
SSXSRider Member
wildman02

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks for the input all. I'll give it another shot after it warms up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing Tires From Rim   Removing Tires From Rim Empty

Back to top Go down

Removing Tires From Rim
Page 1 of 1