SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time

Go down 
+2
bush
Gimpy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time Empty
PostSubject: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Mike Clark has been telling me for the last few years to try the Timbren Springs instead of the Air Bags that I usually install.  My new 2018 Duramax 2500 HD was sagged about 4 1/2 inches once I hooked the toyhauler up.  The Timbrens still allow it to sag about 3 inches.  I have not towed with them yet.  They install in about 15 minutes by taking out the stock bumper pads and installing the Timbrens in their place.  They cost $214.00.  They install in the same location as Air Bags.

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time DSC08789

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time DSC08790

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time DSC08792

This pic shows the difference between the old bump stops and the Timbren Springs

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time DSC08794

The last pic shows how much they close up the gap.

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time DSC08797
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 9:08 pm

That's what I have Les like them a lot. No airing up they are just there when you need them
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 8:03 am

Curious to see how you like them. I bought a set for the 250 and never used them. I ended up installing Firestone air bags with onboard compressor and remote control. I did the same on the 350 so if anyone needs a set of Tembrens for a late model Ford let me know.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I guess I got lucky with mine. Before I upgraded my truck (2003 Dodge 2500) I was worried about going SRW or DRW due to planning on upgrading to a 5ver. Ended up with a 2016 F350 SRW and then purchased a 2018 Wolfpack 235Pack13. I was surprised that when fully loaded with nothing in the garage, the truck sagged enough to level it out and hit the overload springs. Although, my budget didn't allow me to get a super decked out 5ver weighing in at the upper teens like a lot of them.

Now if I can just decide on an AUX fuel tank as the stock 26 gallon tank and crappy fuel economy is just plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber
SSXSRider Member
aweisgarber

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
Curious to see how you like them. I bought a set for the 250 and never used them. I ended up installing Firestone air bags with onboard compressor and remote control. I did the same on the 350 so if anyone needs a set of Tembrens for a late model Ford let me know.
PM sent
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 am

Reeko wrote:
I guess I got lucky with mine.  Before I upgraded my truck (2003 Dodge 2500) I was worried about going SRW or DRW due to planning on upgrading to a 5ver.  Ended up with a 2016 F350 SRW and then purchased a 2018 Wolfpack 235Pack13.  I was surprised that when fully loaded with nothing in the garage, the truck sagged enough to level it out and hit the overload springs.  Although, my budget didn't allow me to get a super decked out 5ver weighing in at the upper teens like a lot of them.  

Now if I can just decide on an AUX fuel tank as the stock 26 gallon tank and crappy fuel economy is just plain stupid.

i have a 60 gal aux tank tool box combo i had put in my in my 06 duramax a few weeks before it broke down. i have not mounted it in the new truck yet but it was very nice being able to go on a weekend trip a 3 or 4 hr away and driving around then driving home and never fueling up. just sucks filling it up. $$$ and finding a station that will let you get over 75$ at a time.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 am

i have a 60 gal aux tank tool box combo i had put in my in my 06 duramax a few weeks before it broke down.  i have not mounted it in the new truck yet but it was very nice being able to go on a weekend trip a 3 or 4 hr away and driving around then driving home and never fueling up.  just sucks filling it up. $$$  and finding a station that will let you get over 75$ at a time.[/quote]
I'm looking for a combo box tank myself. Tired of worrying about fuel when hauling. The small 250 tank stinks.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm

60g Combo tank tool box

That's the one I have, sits just below the bed rail so I was able to put a Tonneau cover on. Plumbed a small diesel pump into the filler neck of the main tank so I can refuel going down the road. Damn sure help when I only get 9.5mpg WTF
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 8:51 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
60g Combo tank tool box

That's the one I have, sits just below the bed rail so I was able to put a Tonneau cover on. Plumbed a small diesel pump into the filler neck of the main tank so I can refuel going down the road. Damn sure help when I only get 9.5mpg WTF

Joe - What is your inside dimensions on the tool box? That's important to me too as I have mine filled up with the things I always need.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 8:54 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:

Joe - Tonight was the first time I took it out with the Timbrens installed. I was unloaded except for the tool box and the B&W hitch. Like Goose said, no difference from before I added the Timbrens. I will update you once I haul the trailer on how they work loaded.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:04 am

Overall Dimensions L x W x H (in.) 59 x 21 x 19
Box Dimensions L x W x H (in.) 51 x 20 x 6 1/4

This is the one I have.  Tool box is not very big but it hold what I need

Last edited by bush on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 am

bush wrote:
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_fuel-transfer-lubrication+fuel-tanks+auxiliary-fuel-tank-combos

I'll look at this in greater detail tonight. I was looking at Titan but damn they are expensive. Not for sure I need 60 gallons but an additional 30-40 gallons would be very helpful. Like RZR Joe, I am about about 9.5mpg when towing the toy hauler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time   Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time Empty

Back to top Go down

Timbren Springs instead of Air Bags, this time
Page 1 of 1