SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November

Go down 
+24
Bigg Bubba
RickV
RHINOKING
concours_greg
BCO
Foxfire
cajuncoot
GODAWGS
GunRunner
misterp
JoeDaddy
Thumper Vince
Mud-and-Guts
S
kykult64
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
Admin
BigMotts
bush
Big-R
rubicon05
shawnley1222
ChrisC
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 pm

one is riding with you ronnie
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Honey changed her mind after hearing Nick had a spare. Looks like we are both coming. Does anyone have a weather report yet?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 pm

FRIDAY - Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s.

FRIDAY NIGHT - Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

SATURDAY - Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.

SATURDAY NIGHT - Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Big-R wrote:
Are we getting ready to roll. Guys, I am think we will have some what of a fast pace. Is everyone cool with that.

Hey Gunny, can you ask the windrock boys about trail 21.

Last I heard 21 was still closed, it was real rough then they graded another way in and put a gas well in. You must have one of the out dated maps lol! 21 pulled off 22 just after the last creek bed crossing where 22 takes a hard left if you been there. trail 22 is a fun trail comes out on g-1 above rattle rock.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:56 pm

Okay, when is everybody getting there? If enough will be there early I may try and come up early to hang out. Otherwise it will be around 10pm if I work till 6 like I should.Are we planning a get together to eat or whatever fri. night? Come on lets hear some plans lol!
Back to top Go down
Thumper Vince
SSXSRider Member
Thumper Vince

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:08 pm

I'll be there mid afternoon and Virginia is comming with me.
Vince
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 pm

HEY GUNNY, if i wasnt workin, TEAM BUBBA would come.... the rest of the guys are busy also... it'll be aleast a month before "I" can go... WE ARE talking about going up there on a good snow ride..... so any of you fellers wanna join TEAM BUBBA in the snow, just stay tuned.....
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Gunny , i will be there about 1 PM or so..... cheers
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 pm

I plan on being there between 4 and 6 PM. Depends on how early I get loaded and on the road. Is anyone else planning on camping. I want to bring the tent but the honey is holding out for a hotel. I fear she may join Nick's harem if I don't get a room.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Mister P.......I thought you were going to toughen her up. lol!

All seriousness.......you guys have fun and above all, be careful. Wish I could be there with you guys!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Oh yeah.............take LOTS of pics!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Guys I will not get there until 8: 00 ish Friday night. I will be up for a lite pre conference comity that night. We may be up for some grub if that is not to late. The last time I kept Thumper Vince up he over slept Laughing

I thought we would meet at the trail head parking lot at 9 ish. That would give everyone time to unload, get permits and be ready to leave by 10:00. NICK , make sure your girls bring their 33 bucks for the trails. Everyone riding needs a permit. However, I do not know who is checking that any more.

We are going to try and put some miles in. It will not be a extreme ride but we will have a quick pace. Most trails will be moderate in class.

Gunny, I hit trail 21 with the wife before it was change. I was trying to get a measure of what extreme was to your windrock guys. I did it in the rhino and it was hard but not extreme.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Extreme is need a spotter or someone to sit on the hood or have a rope attached if ya ask me...ive had all 3 and all 3 at once before Smiles FL has some hills just not many
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am

Well then why dont we just meet up at the comfort inn around 6 for those there and then decide and maybe big r can check with one of us on his arrival time then decide what to do.

I guess as long as its slow here I will leave out about 2, puts me there about 5,5;30.
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Well AirbornLT, this may be my last decent ride for a while. I go on orders Dec. 1. Go through mob training till march then head to Iraq. Do you have access to Garmin Maps? Need some for my GPS and don't feel like spending $350... I have the info for the WV Gurad. The resource officer for you would be CPT. Hatfield.... With a name like that he would have to be cool.....Let me know if your interested and I will get his contact information for you...Good time to come into the WV Guard...
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes, shoot me a PM with his contact info. Unfortunately, I have no maps of Iraq having never been there. But..........my good buddy is there right now. Shoot him an email at kylecomfort@hotmail.com He is actually coming home from Iraq next week (back to FT Campbell), so you may try him today. I don't know if he is still up on the internet right now or not. He is a very good friend of mine, just tell him Chris Lucas told you to email him. He is a FA Officer......very good dude and he may be able to help you out. His guys are all Hooah for that kind of shit.

About the Guard......I heard that some states were offering 20k for a 4yr committment for Officers transitioning off of active duty. Have you heard anything like that? :hijacked:

Okay, sorry for the Army talk. Sounds like you guys have a good crew together for this ride. I rode one trail at WR that was just brutal. I had broken my arm and dislocated my elbow just a couple of weeks before so maybe I was a little tender, but those handlebars worked me to death coming down through those rocks. I cannot remember the number, but I am thinking it was 12 or 27?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 pm

I am all gased up and packed up.
and ready to rock. i am ready to leave when ever.
i will get there early afternoon........ cheers
Everybody remember to have your 2 ways.
Ipod is charged and loaded with some tunes.
Remember to bring extra coat. you never know
what the whether will do in the mountains.
I am prepaired..... Eat

Chris Winrock bound..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:23 pm

HEY CHRIS..CAN MY BUDDY RIDE WITH YOU? IF YOU DONT MIND?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Do we have a extra seat for Nicks friend.
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:06 am

On the road again..... Can't wait to get on the road again. Honey and I will be pulling out shortly. Should be there around 5PM. Call me on cell or ask for my room if everyone wants to meet for a beer or dinner. 304-542-0693... Room#? Mike Pennington
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:27 pm

All you guys be safe and have fun! Hate to miss this one but will catch the next one!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 2:43 pm

See you guys there. I am hitting the road..... cheers
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 7:34 pm

were here! raining a little, nick has two women! tales from the trails tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 8:03 pm

have fun and be safe!!!!!!

i will be in Knoxville tomorrow at a gun show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Have a good safe ride tomorrow. Dont let Big-R keep you up too late tonight. Smiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next