SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?

Go down 
+3
Clayboy
wvyankee2
Tiger Rag
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? Empty
PostSubject: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm

I don't know of anybody running the 2.0's so that may be my sign, but wasn't sure if they were just a newer version or if it was more of an ATV tire. I just want to make sure to have the one that will be the most durable on the Rhino. Here is what I see on the Bighorn's on Maxxis's site:

The tread pattern and wide footprint give this radial exceptional traction, and the Bighorn’s shoulder lugs protect the sidewalls. Solid raised white lettering gives this tire an attractive look. With radial construction, recreational riders as well as ATV racers will immediately appreciate the ride quality and comfort. Mike Penland won his 10th GNCC Utility Stock Championship on the Bighorn radial.

Radial construction offers a significantly smoother ride over rough trails
Extra lugs on the shoulder protect the sidewall and rim
Raised white lettering on one side
Tire is suitable for desert, dirt, and rock application

And this for the Bighorn 2.0's:

Based on the legendary Bighorn, the new Bighorn 2.0 is a lightweight version that mimics the tread design of the original, with a slimmer profile. Radial construction provides better shock absorption, allowing for a smoother ride. The non-directional pattern provides predictable cornering and claws up roots and rocks, creating optimum climbing confidence. The Bighorn 2.0 boasts a 6-ply rating, offering the durability that you’ve grown to expect from Bighorn tires.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:07 am

If your looking for durable, go with the Bighorns. If you want lighter for performance, go with the 2.0's. They probably have a thinner sidewall to cut weight.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 am

Let your buddy test the 2.0! Go with tried and true!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 7:25 am

10-4, kind of what I was thinking. With the description of "lighter", that would be good on a Rhino for a little more power, but I've cut down a 6 ply sidewall in WV before and want to avoid doing that again moreso than I want to save weight. Durability is the goal first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:31 pm

if you are racing - go with the 2.0 or another tire completely for weight reasons....

I was never disappointed with bighorns....but lord knows they are the heaviest tires out there!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks Robbie. No racing for me, durability is the biggest thing. I don't want to lose much power though. I better look at the weight vs the Terracross's I have on now. I am thinking about going with the 26's even though I know the 25's measure 26" in the Bighorns.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 1:19 pm

they do measure bigger - but they are also heavy as can be...but for all around tire - they are the best on the market imo....wear very well and great in a VARIETY of conditions...though you cant go wrong with terracross's either.... I liek the sidewall action, tread pattern and sizes of the bighorns better though.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:40 am

there are also bighorn look a likes that are just a tough my gf's dad has a set of look a likes and they have held up very well and have worn well also just another cheaper option to look into...i think they a duro or dirt tamers i can rememebr now
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
there are also bighorn look a likes that are just a tough my gf's dad has a set of look a likes and they have held up very well and have worn well also just another cheaper option to look into...i think they a duro or dirt tamers i can rememebr now

Duro Power Grips. ridepate and I have them. Very happy with them. They are a wider/flatter tire than the Bighorn, and have less space between the lugs. They are also a good bit lighter than the Bighorn, and although they are 6 ply radials have a thinner rubber sidewall than the Bighorn to save weight. They have softer rubber than the Bighorn and you will see only about 2000 miles out of a set where the Bighorn will get you 3000. They are about $25.00 less a tire than Bighorns and only come in 25" size.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:02 am

XTR's woo hoo hump
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:04 am

Interesting. Looks like they have a 26" now for a 14" rim.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/all%20tires/duro/atv%20tires/duro_power_grip.htm
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:07 am

Big-R wrote:
XTR's woo hoo hump

Well, I've got another set of wheels with Bi and Tri Claws that ride trails fine for a mud tire. Looking for more a trail tire. I love the Terracross's....might consider them again......they hook up great! I think they have a XD or something that is supposed to offer longer tread life.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 am

Tiger Rag wrote:

Yea, I guess they are new. Here is where I got mine. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.do
They are only $67.99 for 25/8/12, and $71.99 for 25/10/12, and that is with free shipping. Dont look like they have 26" yet.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Tiger Rag wrote:

Yea, I guess they are new. Here is where I got mine. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.do
They are only $67.99 for 25/8/12, and $71.99 for 25/10/12, and that is with free shipping. Dont look like they have 26" yet.

Yep, that link said they were new. I was tying in that link to show they were new. Much better prices at RM ATV too. A couple buddies have bought Bighorns from them at a very good deal.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:22 pm

What ever you do DO NOT get Dirt Tamers they are Garbage. I have 5 tires and all 5 have tubes , the sidewalls are paper thin. I can't count how many flats I have gotten with them.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Yeah, I've seen a GBC Dirt Devil cut down on the sidewall on a WV ride. Side wall tread is a very big deal in preventing a flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?   Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bighorns or Bighorn 2.0's?
Page 1 of 1