SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap TERYX prices

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:22 am

Why is the TERYX priced so cheap? They are all over ebay in the high 7s and low 8s. WTH? How much will the 09s run? You think they will bottom out in price like the 08? You can get an 08 TERYX cheaper than many four wheelers. I don't get it. Not that I am unhappy with the Rhino, just wondering why the big price difference.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 pm

They are trying to blow them out, the 08s were not as big a hit as they thought due to numerous first year issues, msrp on a 09 is 10k+ but you get a bunch of improvements you could not buy for the extra cash. Of course a deal on a 08 at 7k makes some willing to deal with the issues and lack of extras.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Well I guess so, but the LE model is supposed to be the good one, right? They are still really low on ebay. Maybe because they know that the market is moving to bigger and better machines in just one year's time?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:34 pm

LE has a top, 1/2 windshield, digital dash and a dump bed. The base model 08 has none of those features, the base 09 has a new digital dash with a fuel gauge ( no fuel gauge on 08 other than a window to view the tank) it also comes with the dump bed. The best 09 feature is, the belt system has been fixed, 08s burn belts like crazy, they reduced the heat by changing all the vent systems on the belt system and located the breathers higher to prevent water getting in them, added a feature to warn you if belt slips so you dont burn it up, and several other upgrades plus all 09s come with EFI in place of the 08 carbs, efi also adds about 1/2 more HP. I have been looking hard at getting a 09, but after getting back into polaris and seeing the videos of what the razr is capable of am looking hard at them as well. I loved my prowler and like rhinos but when I hit the gas I want to feel the power! So what ever I have it will have multi cyls ! Im not looking at arctic cat only because Im not crazy about buying " First Year New Design" models cause you never know and AC's dealer network is very limited around me.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:47 pm

When are those fuelies gonna hit the stores? Have not seen one of those yet on ebay. I hope someone buys one of those and also someone buys a new RZR so I can ride in both. I really like the idea of buying another SxS once the Rhino is paid for.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:57 pm

I think november on the 09 teryx but could be december, 09 razrs are out I saw a S model the day I bought my 800 it was Sweeeet! I think kawi is delaying the release because dealers are still over loaded with the 08 models.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 pm

Magazine Yank sent me said they make 80+ Teryx a day. That is alot of machines. I am not rushing anything. I would say in about two years I will be looking at some type of twin cylinder SxS for me to have as a sporty toy. I really like the RZR just because it seems to be the most sport-tuned.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:12 pm

The Teryx has so far been a flop for Kawasaki. That is why you can get them so cheap. They still have a lot of 08's to get rid of. I believe the main reason is they came out looking and comparing too much like the Rhino, and Kawasaki gave consumers no good reason for them to buy Kawasaki and not the original like they copied. That 750 only gets the Rhino by 1 machine length in a 50 yard race, so performance is a non issue between the two. Also, with the belt and heat problems the Teryx has it is losing most of it's sales to the Rhino. Rhino owns the industry and unless a company can come out with something with much better performance and a much different package (such as the RZR) then I think that Yamaha will continue to kick their ass. 2cents

Yamaha is reinforcing their market position in their new Ad.

Cheap TERYX prices Rhinoadzh6
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 pm

yamaha is getting a little nold with that ad but they sure are spank

LT i'm with you after my rhino is paid off i'll be in the makret for a sportier sxs rhino will be used as a work horse and if/when for the family
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:56 pm

You can think that 750 will only beat a rhino by one length but thats cause its so de-tuned, a few small upgrades puts it way ahead of even a moded rhino. In the world of speed there are two rules No 1=Bigger motors make bigger power and No.2= if in doubt refer to rule no.1 lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:40 pm

That still leaves the fact it is not as reliable
as a rhino. Nothing is. and on utube. just like all the rest.
where a rhino go's the others gets stuck. same old story.
Rhino still the woods king. if you want to ride fast on the street.
get an RZR. .... Wink
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Ive seen a boatload of rhinos with issues, everything from broken rear diff mounts to a-arms falling off so just remember when you talk reliability the rhino has its faults just like the rest. The reason you here many good reports is there are a 100 times as many out there. Arctic cat came out with its in 06, teryx in 08 rzr in 08, rhino was out in 04. Im not bashing rhinos.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 pm

The Teryx aint that bad. Me and my Dad just bought one and I like it. Do I like it as much as my Rhino? No, but I do like some of its features MUCH better. Wet rear brakes, a V-Twin motor, better factory shocks, bigger axles and A-arms, more ground clearance..... you get the point. Do I like all the plastic shit on the sides, no. We already ripped one side off. I guess its time for some good rocker protection.

All I'm saying is the Kaw isn't that bad for $2000 less money. My Dad has never driven a SxS offroad 'till we got the Teryx and his first time out he ran a 7 out of 10 level trail and did fine. Big-R ran this trail with me a few months ago and he can attest its not a cake walk and the Teryx did great. And its BONE stock!

Like I said before its not a Rhino but its a good UTV for most. 2cents
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Ive seen a boatload of rhinos with issues, everything from broken rear diff mounts to a-arms falling off so just remember when you talk reliability the rhino has its faults just like the rest. The reason you here many good reports is there are a 100 times as many out there. Arctic cat came out with its in 06, teryx in 08 rzr in 08, rhino was out in 04. Im not bashing rhinos.

There is a difference in a natural problem and a driver induced problem.
Most problems you see on a rhino is flat out abuse.
the others just fall apart cause there made crappy.
thats my story and i am sticking to it...... cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm

I love the Rhino, don't get me wrong. I just got used to the King Quad having zip, and I can see myself in the future wanting a SxS that would really have the juice when you hit the gas.
I disagree that the Rhino will go where the others won't. I would argue the RZR would be able to get into some places the Rhino could not, just because of size if nothing else. I have no intention of going out and trading the Rhino or buying anything else right now. I have three friends here that want an ATV or SxS. They know I am into both, so they ask my opinion. One asked about the TERYX on ebay so naturally I went and looked at them. I try to tell them for the longevity and all, the Rhino is battle-proven. One is currently riding a Z400 so he wants fast and furious, so I told him to go with the 09 RZR.
I would just be curious to see if that Teryx makes a strong recovery. Most folks that have driven it seem to love it. Maybe the new one with its improvements will have a better year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheap TERYX prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap TERYX prices   Cheap TERYX prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap TERYX prices
Page 1 of 1