SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To check the oil......

Go down 
+5
AIRBORNE
Last Chance Rhino
wvyankee2
shawnley1222
Foxfire
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

To check the oil...... Empty
PostSubject: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 am

What do you Rhino and RZR owners have to go through to check the oil in your machine Question
I am asking this question because on the Prowler one has to remove both seats and the engine cover just to get to the dip stick..... on the 09 you have to go through the same steps. Just wondering WTF
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 10:57 am

Take off the seat and wa-laa the dip-stick...but its not exactly easy to get to it since its so damn short nad you gotta twist it off, wipe it, then check it.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm

I have this Mod from MFS fabrication. A billet aluminum dipstick extension. This is an expensive piece, but I like to check my oil often with minimum hassle. The stock rhino oil plug can be accessed from the passenger seat but my concern was dirt falling in the oil plug hole while checking. This can be checked easily and safely by just removing the passenger seat.

To check the oil...... Rhinodipstick005tf0

Here is a pic with the Motor cover on.

To check the oil...... Rhinodipstick006ue4
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Yank I want that also but hard to shell out that much dough for such a little part pale
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 am

On the 700 Rhino, you just remove the passenger seat, about a 2 min job to check the oil. Sid.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:05 am

Check the oil? You mean you have to maintain this thing like a car?? beat

Yeah, it is no big deal. Lift off the seat, it is right there. It is more trouble on the King Quad than the Rhino because on the King you have to remove the side plastic cover to get to the dipstick.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 am

Yank, That Fan-removal still working out O.K.??? I'm thinking about taking mine off too. No burnt hangers?
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 am

Pate, my fan is gone and no burnt up hangers allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 am

ridepate wrote:
Yank, That Fan-removal still working out O.K.??? I'm thinking about taking mine off too. No burnt hangers?

Had it off for the last 200 miles. So far so good. I would say just make sure you dont let it sit and idle for too long. When you riding the air underneigth and the air coming out of the CVT outlet header keep the heat from building back there.
Back to top Go down
sizzler

sizzler

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I have this Mod from MFS fabrication. A billet aluminum dipstick extension. This is an expensive piece, but I like to check my oil often with minimum hassle. The stock rhino oil plug can be accessed from the passenger seat but my concern was dirt falling in the oil plug hole while checking. This can be checked easily and safely by just removing the passenger seat.

To check the oil...... Rhinodipstick005tf0

Here is a pic with the Motor cover on.

To check the oil...... Rhinodipstick006ue4

Anyone interested in this dipstick extension ... Dean from MFS fabrication has a Christmas 🎅 special for Rhinoforum.net members going on till Christmas of 15% off. So that brings the price down to $72.25. cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:44 pm

I am a dipstick....................but I need no extension!!!!!!!!! Giterdone
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Marty , thay must of changed it on the 08. mine
sticks up pretty far. and is easy to get too.
at least i think it is..... Wink

But thats a nice Dip stick.... :D
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:11 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Check the oil? You mean you have to maintain this thing like a car?? beat

Yeah, it is no big deal. Lift off the seat, it is right there. It is more trouble on the King Quad than the Rhino because on the King you have to remove the side plastic cover to get to the dipstick.

Chris, I used a 2" holesaw with my drill and made a nice neat access hole to check the oil on my Kingquad. Worked great. Wink
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:57 am

Yank, maybe you can teach me that trick for my King. It is annoying to have to remove the side plastics to get the dipstick out.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 am

On the rzr passenger seat out and remove motor cover panel, not to hard but they do make a relocation kit for it too.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 pm

Yank does that extension attach to the OEM dip stick.....or, is it dip stick and all?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:08 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Yank does that extension attach to the OEM dip stick.....or, is it dip stick and all?

It is a dip stick and all Dave. Just unscrew your stock one and screw that one in. It is a very nice piece. It is expensive, but I would buy it again. Even though my Rhino uses no oil, I still like to check it frequently, without hassle or worry about dirt falling in with the engine oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To check the oil......   To check the oil...... Empty

Back to top Go down

To check the oil......
Page 1 of 1