SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Action is needed!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Your Action is needed! Empty
PostSubject: Your Action is needed!   Your Action is needed! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 am

Please read the letter from Michelle, and take the time to sign the petition. The new administration will not be kind to us and we need to act early and often.

It does matter who governs…one of the biggest supporters of the new administration is the Environmental Lobby. The Public Land Grab will proliferate under this group. Unfortunately, it will not be for “public” recreational use as we know it. If you think Tennessee has been bad about allowing OHV trails, can you imagine big government pushing an even worse agenda?

If you have a moment, click on the link in the message below and follow the directions. I am a firm believer that every person in this country needs to take an active role in being a “citizen”. Every voice does count!

Michelle

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:01 AM
To: iva@ivamichellerussell.com
Subject: Stop the theft of your public lands

Dear Iva-Michelle,

I know you are concerned about closures of our public lands. The Omnibus Land Act of 2008 is a massive land grab bill that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States.

If there were awards for bad legislation this bill might take first, second & third, but unless more people speak up it is likely to pass. Please take two minutes to submit a pre drafted letter to legislators opposing this bill by clicking below

http://72.167.145.231/savethetrails/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31

Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Your Action is needed!   Your Action is needed! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Every one of us had better get on the ball with this....I filled it out and made comments of my own!!!!!!
Lets GO SXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Action is needed!   Your Action is needed! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:30 am

Moved this and all other Land use topics to the General Discussion and Info forum, and deleted the Land use forum. Thought more people would see the topics on land use here when they are posted. study
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Action is needed!   Your Action is needed! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:34 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Moved this and all other Land use topics to the General Discussion and Info forum, and deleted the Land use forum. Thought more people would see the topics on land use here when they are posted. study

That is a good idea yank....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Action is needed!   Your Action is needed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Action is needed!
Page 1 of 1