SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Times are getting tough

Go down 
+8
roamerr
wvyankee2
dorton
Foxfire
S
ChrisC
Bobby D
Big-R
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Times are getting tough Empty
PostSubject: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Mrs, R got laid off today.

I hope this does not happen to many more of us. It is going to be hard to afford to ride if this shitty economy doesn't get back on track............ 😢

However, gas and diesel is dropping allright

Last edited by Big-R on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 3:55 pm

I got laid off May 17th and I a have not hit a lick since then and that's the only reason I have not been riding every weekend or at least 3 times a month Sad The only good news is gas prices have dropped but If more and more people lose their jobs what good is cheap gas if you don't have money to go any where.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:24 pm

The economy is killing me right now...... Sad

someone working at Mcdonals is makeing more money
than i am right now.... 😢
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Sorry to here that R.
Hope it's temp. lay off
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Big-R wrote:
Ms, R got laid off today.

I hope this does not happen to many more of us. It is going to be hard to afford to ride if this shitty economy doesn't get back on track............ 😢

However, gas and diesel is dropping allright

Ronnie tell kristine i am sorry she lost her job... Sad
I know that sux. but the way she looks. she wont have trouble
finding a new one. most people would pay her just to sit in the office
so thay could look at her.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:47 pm

sc rhino wrote:
Sorry to here that R.
Hope it's temp. lay off

She will have a job soon I hope. She has already been looking. We felt this one coming.

However, she is an accountant. That should help.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Ya , but if things keep going like thay are.
people wont need an accountant.. Sad

Thay will need a chapter 11 lawyer..... 😢
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Sorry to hear of the layoffs. Job hunting has to be one of the biggest pains there is.
Dirt Chic and I work at the same place and don't see any danger of losing our jobs any time soon, but we sure don't have too much fun money lately.
I just hope it doesn't get to the point of her holding up a picture of a trail in front of the Rhino and me sitting in it making motor noises.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Things will be gettin better....... Ya sorry Kristine lost the job Big R.....but maybe something better is just around the corner.....same for u Bobby D
Guess I should give thanks as I'm almost to busy...hey Bobby.....can ya drive an 18 wheeler??
Back to top Go down
dorton

dorton

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm right there with ya, I got laid off on halloween, and no one in this area is hiring in the automotive field, its just the opposite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dorton_
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:08 pm

I have not really tried looking for a job since I have been getting paid pretty well since I have been getting unemployment and sub pay but my sub pay ran out this week so it's going to be a little tighter.The great thing my company pays your medical for a whole year and that's the family plan too which is awesome.I was to go back to work Sept 29th but then things got worse.The company is saying now it will be April so I can hold out that long if needed but if I can find something decent I will take it.I know I will be taking a pay cut unless I find a real good sales or management postion.The good thing is the only debt I have is my house and if push comes to shove I will sell it and take my equity and buy something cheaper.The housing market is better here because of Va Tech University.It seems like Va Tech is always growing and new stuff is always popping up in this area.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Let's hope this thing turns quicker than later. Bush signed unemployment extension out to 46 weeks today, so it looks like it will be a tough year. The market always recovers a few months before the economy so lets hope it comes back soon. Prayer

Sorry to hear about all my sidexside friends who are going through tough times right now.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 pm

What the hell, Lets drink Drunk2
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 pm

I hate it for anyone that has lost their job in this shitttty economy. Several of my good friends at work lost their jobs this week. I was really expecting to be one of them but luckily was not. It's been a tense week but more tense ones are always on the horizon it seems.

The good thing is that I am riding this weekend. That Rhino's gonna catch some h3ll!!
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Big R, just tell her to keep the faith and something will come along sooner or later....This economy has got to start turning around eventually, otherwise the whole world is gonna be in more trouble than we all already are!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:10 am

Sorry to hear that Brother R! Tell Kristen we are all thinking about you guys! I'll turn the heat on in the camper and we can get in a few more "local rides" through the winter.
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry to hear about her job loss. My stepdad is a CPA & has his own business....can she maybe start her own from home? I have notice at work that things are not looking good for us either....this time of the year we are usually so busy its all I can do to keep up...the last few days alaot of us have been trying to find things to do....because things are moving really slow right now....it's scary to think that you may loose your job. Our company is already cutting back on certain activites, new hires, e.t.c.
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Big R, I am sorry to hear about Kristin losing her job. Hopefully, she will find another one soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times are getting tough   Times are getting tough Empty

Back to top Go down

Times are getting tough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: