SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stuck in high gear.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

stuck in high gear. Empty
PostSubject: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:00 pm

went out to ride he rhino and its stuck in high gear. i checked the linkage and everything looks good. DontKnow
i did not look at it but for a few mins because i was guest moving it to get my truck out of the barn so i pushed it out and drove it down the driveway but still not shift. the rhino shifted normal the day before and was parked in high. it want shift at all nothing moves. No No Sad
Tools
anyone have any ideas!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:06 pm

You said you checked the linkage, that would be my only thought. The bolt that holds the rod from the shifter to the engine has been known to back out. One other thought is is the choke on, if the engine is revved too high it wont shift. If thats still in, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Maybe time to re-pack the clutch. Does it shift into reverse, and if so is it weak?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:40 pm

the linkage is together. i have had the nut come off once before and the shifter would still move through the gears but it would not shift .

when it wouldt shift,i thought it was because i had the choke on but after i let it warm up and pushed the choke in it still would not move. so me and my dad pushed it out of the barn and i rode it a min and still stuck. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Maybe time to re-pack the clutch. Does it shift into reverse, and if so is it weak?

clay are you talking about the sheave??

the sheave has nothing to do with the shifting between between L H N R gears??? scratch

im thinking its something inside the shifter its self or the shift forks inside the motor Sad Sad

stuck in high gear. Partimage

i remember someone on here had this problem before but DontKnow who it was?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 pm

It was Pate who had shifter problem back in the summer.
He missed a ride to winrock because of it.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm

I have had bolt #26 back off before.
stuck in high gear. Partimage
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Bush take the shift-rod off at the arm on the motor then see if you can shift it using the arm only. Let me know and we'll move on from there.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 pm

geek dont know how it got fixed but today i went to work on it and started it up and it shifted fine DontKnow

Thanks
Back to top Go down
roadtrip

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:40 pm

YAMAHA POWER!!!WOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 pm

bush-rhino wrote:
geek dont know how it got fixed but today i went to work on it and started it up and it shifted fine DontKnow

Thanks

The Rhino heals it self....... cheers
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 pm

i guess it wanted to go for a ride today drive so it took itsself to the DR. before i started hacking on it. Chainsaw

and i put my top and windshield on today. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stuck in high gear.   stuck in high gear. Empty

Back to top Go down

stuck in high gear.
Page 1 of 1