SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about some riding areas

Go down 
+3
Bobby D
ChrisC
dixiecop28
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Question about some riding areas Empty
PostSubject: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 am

hey guys i have been to Hatfield McCoy, Evarts ky, Wilderness trail (middlesboro ky) and windrock and wanted to try some new places. Have any of you been to Brimstone or Royal Blue?? I checked out their websites and was wondering how they compair to other places. I would be coming from northern ohio so it would be like a 10 hour drive ( at least thats how long it took to get to windrock). I guess my main question is is it worth the extra 3-4 hours to get there over Evarts or Wilderness trail?? thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:24 am

We are all going to Brimstone on the weekend of the 16th in Jan.
you should come join us..... Eat

Chris.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:29 am

I spent 4 days at Royal Blue back in June here are the pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdd8/sets/72157605758416132/

My take on Royal Blue is it is expensive to ride there and I know they have a huge area to ride and I did not get to see but so much but I was not that impressed.I have been to Harlan,Ky 6 times Hyden,Ky once Windrock twice Middlesboro,Ky once and Royal Blue once.I have been wanting to go to Brimstone for a couple of years now so I will get that done next month.I really like West Va better than anywhere I have been and I'm talking about the Wagon Wheel area it's FREE with plenty of places to stay a Bar & Grill for riders a Saloon and many other places to eat for atvers.the nice thing you can ride 2 H/M systems and the Wagon Wheel Free trails all from your camp and never have to load your machine up until you are ready to leave.I have been riding this area about 7 years and still have not rode it all and I'm not exaggerating when I say I have ridden the wagon Wheel area atleast 200 times it's my favorite place.Another nice thing about the Wagon Wheel you can ride into Welch,Wv and eat at several restaurants but the trails are not marked so you have to have someone show you around unless you want to explore on your own.The only reason I go other places is for just a change of scenery and to meet new people.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:23 am

I have heard alot about wagon wheel and really want to go sometime. Just need to find someone to show me around because they say it is easy to get lost if you have not been there before. Chris thanks for the invite, maybe next time already got a trip planned in april and Aug this year. and with the economy the way it is i dont think i cant do more than 2 trips a year that far from home. thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 am

If it were up to me, I would ride in WV all the time. The terrain is varied a lot, depending on which area of the state you are riding. The Wagon Wheel area is somewhere I have never been, but I have been within an hour or so of there. I love the big woods of southern WV, and you can ride for days.

Brimstone was somewhere I did not know about last year, otherwise I would have been there. I rode Windrock three times and Evarts once, but after I got here in Afghanistan I started really surfing the net about riding spots. I hear Brimstone is really worth the drive, even better than Evarts. We will see, because I am hitting there the last weekend of March. I will also be trying for the January ride if I make it home in time.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:55 am

i know i can ride from my house to RB...But I wont go into it just because its so expensive. would like to check out brimstone, i hear its really nice.
id also love to check out Wagon Wheel and H/M...but for me its so hard because there are SO many unexplored trails here in Bell County...we find new places everytime we go just about...So for me Im gonna try to make a few out of area rides next year to check some of these new places out and to see everyone....but I guess Im kinda biased, cause I love the riding here and the fact that I can ride from my house to countless areas is what keeps me from going a lot of other places...and the money thing too Laughing ...so my main thing over the next several years will be mapping all these trails in bell county.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 pm

Amen B Co. I wish I lived somewhere that I could just ride from the house too. Maybe one of these days I will be fortunate enough to land a job somewhere that fits that description.

I definitely want to check out Bell County in the upcoming year too!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 pm

bco hey you just hollar on the next ride in Sept I got your hamburgers ready lol
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Brimstone should take about the same time to get to as Evarts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about some riding areas   Question about some riding areas Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about some riding areas
Page 1 of 1