SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!

Go down 
+12
Gary
tim
GunRunner
CaptMorgansgirl
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
Clayboy
wvyankee2
bush
Foxfire
Bobby D
Woodtick
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! Empty
PostSubject: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:24 pm

I've been reading and lurking here for a while and I feel like I'll fit in around here a lot better than one of those "other" sites. As ya'll know, there are no sand dunes in South Eastern America. Nuff Said on that. GRINNNNN. I'm only into Rhino ownership by about 3 weeks and I gotta tell ya, I don't miss my quad one little bit. I LOVE this thing. Dodging trees in the West Virginia hardwoods, top end didn't mean much to me. (I'm a retired old fart also and don't bounce like I once did) The tow rating and haul rating was the same on the 450, 660 & 700. So I went with the 450 and saved a good bit of dough. My 09 450 suits me just fine.This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! Rhino%20Pics%20006
I'm one of those lucky SOB's whose wife likes to hunt and is a deer killin machine. All those years of riding double on a Honda 4 wheeler and neither of us got hurt. I really feel like I made the right decision at the right time. This thing runs like a top and as you can see from the last day of doe season, it hauls everything we need it to!
This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! 12-13-08%20Doe%20Season%20001
Hope ya'll don't mind another old Redneck hanging out with you and having fun. I like it here just fine. Thanks folks.

Phil...
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Good to have you Phil and I'm like you I love riding thru the woods and don't care a thing about no wide open spaces they have out west in those dunes etc: Smiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Phil,

Welcome, you'll fit-in just fine!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:51 pm

lol! No, we don't like sand fleas... wood ticks for us'uns !! Glad ta have ya here mane !!!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 8:59 pm

welcome2 Phil. Yep sounds like ya fit right in!!! Is it the better half that is the Deer killing machine??? Question
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 9:27 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 9:35 pm

A bed full of deer Hunter ......................yep, he's from West Virginia. cheers
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:27 pm

welcome Glad to have ya here!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Ya , you will fit in well here. we dont do sand....... cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Another WV guy!!! You will not be disappointed with having the Rhino. I felt the same way about doubling during deer season. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost flipped over backwards because I was doubling friends and treestands and climbing gas lines in WV. I feel fortunate to have never gotten injured. Now the Rhino will carry me, a friend, our bows, our stands and our deer comfortably. Welcome to the site and hope to ride with you soon.

Where in Wood County do you live? I love that area. I used to hunt out on Deer Walk and over into Gilmer County and also some over in Roane County.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Airbourne LT, Dang man you were right in my back yard almost!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:44 am

I live right near the Airport just out of Williamstown. This years Single "A" State Champs I might add. I too used to hunt in Gilmer County a good bit. In fact, here's a couple Gilmer County Bucks for ya.
This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! Good%20hunt
One last and most important thing. God Bless you sir for your service to our Country and thank you from the bottom of this old Sailors heart for protecting me and the family as we sleep in peace and safety. Come home safe and sound. My son in law just got back from Afghanistan a short time ago. He's Air Force, but we don't hold that against him. GRINNN
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Hey Foxfire, Yep she is half of the team all right.   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 am

See what I mean?
This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! 12-13-08%20Doe%20Season%20007
I don't hit it as hard as I used to. I'm gettin old and tired.
This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! Snooze
But every now and then, even old farts can "Get Er Done" GRINNNNNN
This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! 12-13-08%20Doe%20Season%20005
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 am

roflmao roflmao Hey...a little "Nap" is sometimes just what the Doctor ordered....but buddy, ya can't let her take pic's of it!!!!! roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:40 am

uplaugh
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 am

I live right near the Airport just out of Williamstown. This years Single "A" State Champs I might add. I too used to hunt in Gilmer County a good bit. In fact, here's a couple Gilmer County Bucks for ya.

One last and most important thing. God Bless you sir for your service to our Country and thank you from the bottom of this old Sailors heart for protecting me and the family as we sleep in peace and safety. Come home safe and sound. My son in law just got back from Afghanistan a short time ago. He's Air Force, but we don't hold that against him. GRINNN

break

I know just where you are talking about. My ex-girlfriend's parents live in the Mullenex subdivision (Roger and Becky Kingery) and I love that whole area. I am actually trying to get in to a job with the WVNG full-time, and Wood County would be one of the top choices of places to settle. We will have to see.

As far as the service.......I am glad to do it. I am very proud to wear the uniform and do what I do. I am looking forward to coming home, re-connecting with the family, meeting and riding with new friends, and most definitely getting some hunting in next year.

Tell your son-in-law congrats on getting home safely. Those AF guys do short deployments, but they work alot during the deployments.

Hope to meet you soon brother.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:43 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Airbourne LT. I was right, YOU WERE DNAG NEAR IN MY YARD!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 am

Tracy is a fine young lady and Roger and Becky live just a few doors down the street from me. Roger and Becky are about as good as they come. When was the last you heard anything about them? Rog isn't doing so well. BAD health issues I'm sorry to say. I've lived here in Mullenix for over 36 years. Only about 10 or so houses when we built here. Now way over a hundred. How about that? Only been here a few days and already "Know" someone! When is your deployment due to end? When you get back I'll put on a pot of coffee and tell you some stories about your old girlfriend that will have you laughing you backside off. Tracy is married to a guy that I don't know. They have a little girl and all seem to be getting along just fine. Man, it really is a small world isn't it? Take care and KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:27 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:20 pm

welcome to your new home it is like family here .not from west by god but stayed many a summer in Kenna wv an also the Lewisburg area when grandpartents were a live
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey Tick, How about this!!!!!! I was digging around in the past and found this thread that is over a year old. Yeah, I think you found a home alright. You have been here a year now. Man that one went fast. Congrats buddy. We are glad you found us.......
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 am

Ditto cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 am

Phil is dug in like a "tick" here. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 am

My Gosh it just don't seem like it's been that long already! I guess that which I'd always heard about the older one gets the faster the time goes is really true! Made some really good friends here this past year. Some of ya'll really helped me through the tragedy that befell our family this past summer. For that, I will remain forever grateful. Wishing everyone a Joyous and Merry Christmas. May ya'll get everything ya want! Now, lets get busy and have some more fun! This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! 729242
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

you always bring a bright spot to my day tick , glad to have you on board!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
you always bring a bright spot to my day tick , glad to have you on board!

Yep, me too Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!   This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home! Empty

Back to top Go down

This is only my second post, but I think I've found a new home!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next