SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!

Go down 
+4
ChrisC
GunRunner
kykult64
Woodtick
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! Empty
PostSubject: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 am

I ordered some Yamaha Parts a week or so ago and got this e mail from the parts supplier yesterday. My price was locked in but we all knew this was coming just wasn't thinking it would be so soon. Anyhow, here ya are:

To all our valued customers,
I know its been only a few months since Yamaha's last price increase, but I received this letter the other day and wanted to give everyone a few weeks notice.

December 8, 2008

Dear Yamaha Dealer:

At Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, we work hard to remain your #1 source for parts and accessories. We continually strive to provide you and your customers with high quality parts and accessories at competitive prices.

As you are likely aware, commodity prices worldwide have continued to rise during the past year. These high commodity prices have meant that our suppliers have had no choice but to pass these increases on to Yamaha. This situation coupled with a weakening dollar means that we must adjust our parts prices accordingly. To that end we are announcing new pricing, which will affect parts only (not accessories, apparel, or oils/lubes), which we believe to be a fair and reasonable response to market conditions. The new prices will become effective January 1, 2009.

We encourage you to stock up now to meet as much as your anticipated needs while prices are still relatively low. By placing orders before January 1, 2009 for parts you know will be selling, you can certainly minimize the impact of these necessary price increases on your business.
Thank you for your continued support of Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.

Trevor Kemp.
Sales & Marketing Manager.
Parts & Accessories Division.
Yamaha Motor Corp, USA

Thank you all for your business and have a Merry Christmas.
Dan Mcveigh
Back to top Go down
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I wonder if all parts will go up the same percentage, or if certain parts will be effected differently?

Josh Starrett
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Don't know about that.   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:06 pm

It also didn't say just how big an increase things are going to take either I don't think.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Buy a Polaris, my dealer just had his yearly 50% off sale! cheers And santa was good to me Yahoo
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:30 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Buy a Polaris, my dealer just had his yearly 50% off sale! cheers And santa was good to me Yahoo

That because you need more parts with polaris.... Yahoo
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:56 pm

ChrisC wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

roflmao clap
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 pm

ChrisC wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Shocked nutkick roflmao
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:26 am

ChrisC wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Your one to talk, where ya at now, 18k in the big red turd lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:04 am

GunRunner wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Your one to talk, where ya at now, 18k in the big red turd lol!

I know I got about 13K now in the Big Blue/Silver Turd. lol!
Back to top Go down
tommy20/69

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 pm

i just bought an oil filter the other for my rhino . they charged me $14.00 a few months ago when i bought one they charged me $18.00. prices must be dropping in some places and not in others.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:28 am

I got over 14k in my camo turd if you factor in the accessories and the extended warranty I bought. :afro:
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!   Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share some not so surprising news with Yamaha ownders!
Page 1 of 1