SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
Woodtick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 11:19 am

Got my new digital dash unit installed this morning on the new 09, 450. I had to recruit some help from one of my younger buddies though. I couldn't tilt my head back far enough to see through my bi-focal 's. And I couldn't see crap without the bi-focal's. he he he So I wound up a tool gopher. Only needed a couple and the whole job took less time than it's taking me to write this post. No substitute for those young eyes! Man I really like having the fuel gauge! I only hope like heck that it's close to being right. GRINNNNN And wouldn't you know it, it is POURING down the rain here today and gonna rain all day and half the night. The good side to that is I don't have to shovel the rain! ha ha ha Might talk the Boss into letting me go deer hunting tomorrow to try it out. Our kids are all grown up and gone and we don't have any grandkids yet so maybe I won't get chewed out too bad? Thanks again for all the info on this project guys. And last but surely not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my new found pals here on the board!

Phil
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Great! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Good deal Exclamation Don'tcha love it when things actually work?!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Nice. Did you get the fuel sending unit with it?
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Yes I did get the fuel sending unit.   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 pm

It must have already been wired up because as soon as we plugged it in and got it turned on the fuel level showed right up. Didn't have to do that deal about hooking up the temp sending unit on the clyn head either?? Had I been able to see, it would have been right easy. As it was Gary made right easy! ha ha ha. Just handed him elec tape and stood there drinking coffee! I did unhook the battery, he he he.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:53 pm

I think when yamaha started putting those standard in all the 660's they just prewired every rhino so dealers could install them fast.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Good for you...... cheers
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:28 am

That's a nice addition, you will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:08 am

Good deal Woodtick! I can't wait to check it out in person.

Gunny, I like the thing in your signature. I bet Chris felt the sting the first time he saw that!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!   YeeeeHaaaaaaaW! Empty

Back to top Go down

YeeeeHaaaaaaaW!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: