SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storage?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
McChicken
SSXSRider Member
McChicken

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Does anyone have an under the hood storage box for a 660 and if they do is it worth it and how big is it? I was also looking at an under the seat storage box and was wanting some input on the 2, if ya'll didn't mind. I'm wanting to take a small chain, jumper cables, flat fixin stuff and other small things. I don't want to use my bed because its no telling what I'll be doing and the glove box is to small. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Good underseat storage box... Wal-Mart, in the outdoors section, orange box about 8 bucks. Fits great, works great.
It's similar to this: Storage? 1809_drybox
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:22 pm

I've got the under-hood box, worth the coin imo. I carry a small compressor, tire related fixes,spare cdi,spare tie-rod,rags, wire ,folding saw and few hand tools in there. I've also got a under-seat box similar to what DD pictured with straps,com-a-long and some d-rings. Both should handle most anything you need to carry. I bought my under-hood off E-Bay. rebel
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:11 pm

McChicken,

I have the underseat storage box by yamaha, it's not waterproof and after every ride, I have to clean it out and let it dry. It's a pain and all for like $90.00.

I'd say DirtDawber has the best and cheapest idea, especially if it's water tight.

M
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: box   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 pm

MTM case gard dry box is what i have they sell them at walmart really cheap under 20.00 they have a o ring seal and i bolted mine thru the floorpan under the seat, i used to work for mtms sister company so we got discount and even without that i would still buy that one they are watertight enough to float with like 20 lbs in them ,works great and fits nice!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:35 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
MTM case gard dry box is what i have they sell them at walmart really cheap under 20.00 they have a o ring seal and i bolted mine thru the floorpan under the seat, i used to work for mtms sister company so we got discount and even without that i would still buy that one they are watertight enough to float with like 20 lbs in them ,works great and fits nice!

Coot i heard you say this before. I guess my wal mart dont carry
crap... Sad I looked for this at my walmart and never found it.
i asume its in auto department right ?
where the storage boxes are... Cool
Back to top Go down
McChicken
SSXSRider Member
McChicken

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 pm

what size box do you have cajun? I've found several on ebay but none on wal marts web site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage?   Storage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Storage?
Page 1 of 1