SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn

Go down 
+3
Bobby D
ChrisC
BlackBart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackBart

BlackBart

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn Empty
PostSubject: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:16 pm

Looking for someone in Middle Tenn. that has a RZR-S, got a few questions and need some info
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:00 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Looking for someone in Middle Tenn. that has a RZR-S, got a few questions and need some info

Ask the Questions , if we dont know it.
I bet we can find you an answer..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 pm

There are a few RZR S owners on here.
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:35 am

picking mine up on saturday
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:41 am

Rhinoguy wrote:
picking mine up on saturday

Sweet bring it to Brimstone next week Smiles I have two buddies in Ohio that might come with there RZR's.If one of them only comes you could ride with him.
Back to top Go down
BlackBart

BlackBart

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:21 am

ChrisC wrote:
BlackBart wrote:

Ask the Questions , if we dont know it.
I bet we can find you an answer..... cheers

Ok, Generically you asked for it, so here goes.... woo hoo

I would appreciate finding out the following technical info.....I realize I'm asking alot Rolling Eyes Embarassed , but I've got a couple of :idea: new fabrication thoughts that will probably be benefical to ALL RZR machines wanting a little bit more get up and GO

1.Either the inside or outside size of the header pipe at the exhaust port head

2.Length of header tubes, measured from exhaust port head to the start of the collector box

3.Either the inside or outside size of the mid pipe after the collector box

4.Type of metal the header pipe is construted of

5.Primary Clutch Weight in grams

6.Primary Clutch Spring-engagement,shift out weight, and color of spring

7.Secondary Clutch Spring-fine tuning weight and color of spring

Thanking anyone in advance,

BART
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 am

Wow , that was a big question.... cheers
and i am sorry to say i for one can not answer No
Maybe one of our RZR guys can help.

sounds like you are wanting to build a whole new header
and pipe. What i can tell you , is unless you have plans
for a lot more motor work. you are going to spend a lot
of time and work for very little power gains.... Wink

But , if you insist on wanting to get these specs.
I bet you will have better luck asking at www.rzrforums.net.
there is quite a few guys building up there RZR's over there.... :D
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 am

welcome bart! glad you took my invite, can i ask why youre asking these questions? If you want to build a s header system, maybe this would be of help. You can buy the S header from babittsonline parts for 103.00 then you would need the s bend pipe which is 23.00 i think the rest of it is same as a regular model. as to clutch weights they are said to be the same as the standard but with the plastic sleave removed which allows it to run to 63mph. if you still want pipe info you can also check a 800 sportsman specs might be easier to find since it has been out a few years, otherwise i would ask this on highlifter in the ruv section as a lot of those guys have tricked out their s for mud riding. another pipe thing is on ebay two of the polaris dealers don wood and breeze lawn are selling a performance header that is made by polaris but set up for the fmf muffler.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
BlackBart

BlackBart

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 pm

GunRunner wrote:
welcome bart! glad you took my invite, can i ask why youre asking these questions? If you want to build a s header system, maybe this would be of help. You can buy the S header from babittsonline parts for 103.00 then you would need the s bend pipe which is 23.00 i think the rest of it is same as a regular model. as to clutch weights they are said to be the same as the standard but with the plastic sleave removed which allows it to run to 63mph. if you still want pipe info you can also check a 800 sportsman specs might be easier to find since it has been out a few years, otherwise i would ask this on highlifter in the ruv section as a lot of those guys have tricked out their s for mud riding. another pipe thing is on ebay two of the polaris dealers don wood and breeze lawn are selling a performance header that is made by polaris but set up for the fmf muffler.

Thanks Gunrunner,
I've already got the FMF Performance header. As a side note, Polaris originally sold and installed the FMF Powercore 4(had to be repacked), then switched over to the FMF Powerline(no repacking), BOTH of which were slipons and their midpipe mated perfectly to the RZR Y pipe, I installed the Two Bros slipon, which also worked with the RZR Y pipe. After acquiring the FMF Header, I mated it to the Two Bros. slipon pipe, BUT had to fab a small addition to the midpipe(it missed hooking directly to the header by about 1 1/2 inches, GOT FIGURE. This combo by the seat of the pants Dyno test, appears to have given me some low end torque and more scavenging of exhaust. If any of the guys, compare the aftermarket mgrs. of headers(Muzzy,HPD,LTE,Gibson, etc) you will notice a vast difference in header flow,pipe length and size. Yep, Babbits by far is the best place I've found to get OEM parts, CHEAP, but before I take the plunge again, I was checking the parameter for the RZR-S. The big key to header design, I'm sure you know, is what RPM range you are going to be doing most of your driving in. Shorter header pipes with a smaller size pipes, low end torque & lower RPM. Longer header pipes with a larger size pipe, speed & higher RPM. RZR produces POWER in the 5800-5900 RPM range, while Speed produced 6300-6400 RPM. I'm not looking for TRUE duals, but am a big believer in either the 2 to 1 OR stepped collector box with maybe a Crossover.
At the present time, I'm still collecting info on various headers, tubes, etc. BEFORE I launch in ANOTHER Snow project. Smiles It took my about 6 wks, expermenting and testing various clutch kits, weights, and spring combos, before I found the right mix that worked for me. I tried most the kit vendors (EPI,Dirty Dog,HPD,Holtz, Team), so I'm not about to jump at the 1st header setup based upon sound,looks or price. For most users, ALL vendors mfr a good product and the consumer should pick the one that they like or that works for them and not worry about Dyno results, fit & finish, etc. Will keep you guys informed as plans progress.

Side note...ChrisC
Thanks, already checked RZRforum & PRCforum collecting info. You are partial correct, with NO other changes or mods no big advance to headers,mufflers, etc OTHERTHAN appearance & sound. But as you probably are aware the RZR is Starved for air, so if anyone does any intake changes(more air in), then you must get more exhaust out.. Case in point, with your unit, Have you made any changes or done any Mods?
The only changes that I have made were in the areas of INTAKE,EXHAUST,ECU,EFI & Clutching...NO Internal motors mods, YET and I'm running 750' runs in the 63-65 MPH range, ET's in the 9-11 second range(clutch dependant combos),RPM range 6500-6600 RPM. I'm not really into SPEED(like more low end torque), but these tests would allow you to see that YOU CAN make these little BUGGER F L Y. cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Sounds like you want to make it scream..... cheers
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:12 pm

sounds like you really did your homework....very interesting...looking forward to seeing what you come up with......good luck
Back to top Go down
Thrillseeker
SSXSRider Member
Thrillseeker

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Bring your tape measure mike ect. and you can check mine out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/elvaton45
BlackBart

BlackBart

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Larry G. wrote:
Bring your tape measure mike ect. and you can check mine out
Thanks for the offer Jerry. I'm watching the weather forecast CAUSE if it's Snowing or Muddy,
OH NO THANKS. I already told BobbyD that I'm tired of taking a day to clean it up again and besides that
I'm almost finished with some STAINLESS STEEL Heater & Exhaust Shields and don't like the scratches. 😢
Bart
Back to top Go down
BlackBart

BlackBart

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:58 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Sounds like you want to make it scream..... cheers
Nay Chris, I'd prefer to have it SING rather than SCREAM drive . All kidding aside, I think for a totally
STOCK motor, that I've got it dialed in pretty well now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn   Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn Empty

Back to top Go down

Any RZR-S Owners Middle Tenn
Page 1 of 1