SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

660 Ignition Coil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

660 Ignition Coil Empty
PostSubject: 660 Ignition Coil   660 Ignition Coil EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Ugrade coils on ebay Clicky Linky
For arguments sake let's say that it is a top quality piece and can put out the extra voltage it says. What good could it do over the stock coil which is firing off the plug every time it needs to? I can understand how a special plug may have a more consistant spark and/or have a lower resistance so the spark is always gonna be there in full, but again, how could this help a system that is already working right?
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

660 Ignition Coil Empty
PostSubject: Re: 660 Ignition Coil   660 Ignition Coil EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:18 pm

i just read an article in the new Side by Side magazine about these. They said they've heard some cheap coils on ebay that are stating they put out higher voltage, but actually is just about the same as stock.....so if your an Ebayer, like myself, be careful with who you buy from....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

660 Ignition Coil Empty
PostSubject: Re: 660 Ignition Coil   660 Ignition Coil EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Performance gains probably not noticable. One thing should help alot with cold starts. Thats the first thing I noticed with Hunterworks Tri-Fire. Like it says, the ignition fires 3 times for every one that the stock does. I noticed much improved cold starts with it. That is the only noticable gain you will probably see with the coil. Hotter spark. This may help with a high compression piston to help prevent detonation with low octane fuel. I've seen them advertised for a long while, but never heard anyone talk about them. That tells me they are not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

660 Ignition Coil Empty
PostSubject: Re: 660 Ignition Coil   660 Ignition Coil Empty

Back to top Go down

660 Ignition Coil
Page 1 of 1