SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?

Go down 
+3
AIRBORNE
rubicon05
RZRSguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Does anyone use an enclosed trailer for their atv's or sidexside? I am thinking of buying on and istalling an A/C and a heater and using it as a homemade toy hauler. Has anyone else done this? If so, any advice or anything you would do differently? Thanks, RZRSguy A.K.A. Rhinoguy
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 pm

LT does....i'm sure he'll chime in soon.......his is pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

I do have one. I have not got to finish it....yet. Neuromax has the SWEET one. I have big plans for mine, just been waiting to get home to finish it out.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 pm

I will say this. If you get a nice size enclosed, do yourself a favor and get a good heater/ac. I got a Carrier 15000 BTU heat pump.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:20 am

got a 28ft please do yourself a favor,take insde pannels off an put insulation in it if not the only person you fool is your self.been there done that traded my pull thourgh spot in March for a cabin till I can get it insulated .If you are looking for air now is the time to buy when spring gets here it will go up several hunder dollars again.I put 3 heaters in it last weekend they could not keep up still 48 degrees inside also I took side rails out of a tractor trailer an put in floor that gave me several hunderd spots to tie down to from cargo atv or utv . Have several left over if u need any
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Here are a few pics of mine. Gary is right, insulate before you do anything else. I can camp in the teens with just one heater keeping me at 70* all night on the inside. While the walls are out is a good time to run your 110 and 12 volt wiring as well as put in any bracing for beds, TV, table, etc. A roof top air is the way to go for cooling. If you get a set up like Airbornes it has the heat and air, mine only has a heat strip which does fine in spring and fall but not winter! A small sink in the cabinets really comes in handy too!

https://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/TTB2000/Daryl%20J/Haulmark%20Trailer/

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? WVJune2007041

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? WVDec2007101

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? Haulmark7799Small

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? TrailerCabinets003Small
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm

dang thats nice right there now
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm not sure if I've said it somewhere else, but that's a damn nice setup, Neuromax clap
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:34 pm

That is unreal, what size is the trailer? That is the nicest trailer I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks guys, its a 24'. It took quite a bit of time but its set up exactly like I want it and works very well. I can be set up and camping in 10-15 minutes and take down is about the same, could be less if I don't set up the tables out side and chairs etc.

Its wired for 110 and 12v down both walls on separate breakers so if I lose one side I still have the other. The AC has its own dedicated line also. Most of the lighting is 12 volt but the light over the cabinets and sink is 110. I also have a car stereo, microwave and toaster oven along with a 30 gallon water tank. The beds fold down and either make two beds (one twin size one full size but both longer than normal) But if my wife and daughter go I can flip a flap over an make it one large king size. The small box by the door is over a porta potty that I have for my wife and daughter (it doesn't get used unless they go)
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:40 pm

very nice.......
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Looks very nice but when you figure what you have invested in it you could have bought a used toy hauler. I know this because i did the same thing in the one I have in my back yard.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Dreth wrote:
Looks very nice but when you figure what you have invested in it you could have bought a used toy hauler. I know this because i did the same thing in the one I have in my back yard.

I probably have 7K in this one plus a lot of hours but its set up the way I want and I can fit 2 SxS's and room for gear, in order to do that with a toy hauler it would have to be HUGE. I pull this with a Dodge 3500 diesel and its very easy to pull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?   Does anyone have an enclosed trailer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: