SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

08 problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: 08 problems   08 problems EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:37 pm

I have an 08 RZR with 32 hrs. on it. I have been reading about all the problems you guys are having and want to know what to check for before my warranty expires. I installed the new air filter Polaris sent me. I removed the air cleaner cover and checked inside today and found some oil in it but the filter itself looked real good, The oil was a little low on the dipstick but was showing. Do I have a problem? What should I check next. I think I can still buy the extended warranty. Please help

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 problems   08 problems EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Showtime wrote:
I have an 08 RZR with 32 hrs. on it. I have been reading about all the problems you guys are having and want to know what to check for before my warranty expires. I installed the new air filter Polaris sent me. I removed the air cleaner cover and checked inside today and found some oil in it but the filter itself looked real good, The oil was a little low on the dipstick but was showing. Do I have a problem? What should I check next. I think I can still buy the extended warranty. Please help

Thanks

On an 08 I would buy the extended warranty. However, I don't own a RZR. We have some on this site that do and they'll chime in.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 problems   08 problems EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Showtime wrote:

Thanks

Showtime , if you have an 08 like Ronnie said
get the extended warrenty. we seen alot of 08s
that had motor problems. just make sure you are protected.
get the warrenty...... Eat
Back to top Go down
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 problems   08 problems EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I called the dealer and as luck would have it, today is actually the last day for me to get the extended warranty. My machine was purchased 09/11/2008! I got the 24 month plan for $500.00 with $50.00 Deduct. Considering the company I keep, (thrillseeker) I'm sure it will pay off.
I checked today for the first time and found the air box boot has slipped off, I wondered why my air filter was so clean, now I know why. The thing runs great so perhaps no real damage has been done. Hopefully any engine problems will show in the next 18 months if there has been damage.
Is there a fix for the boot slipping off or do I just need to check it more often. I have rolled it a couple of times so maybe that is when it happened.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 problems   08 problems EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:38 pm

I have rolled it a couple of times

Roll a Rzr and oil goes everywhere. I've seen it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

08 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 problems   08 problems Empty

Back to top Go down

08 problems
Page 1 of 1