SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sway Bar Removal

Go down 
+2
shawnley1222
moto92
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 pm

So what the deal here?
i was reading about this in LTs post on the lift install. ive read before on removing it but it also said you needed to have the sport or upgraded shocks. Its not like im a racer here but sometimes we do hit a road and we'll have to open them up for a bit. i dont want to get the huck-a-buck goin on and end up rollin end over end No
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Won't happen man..........I've raced without it. Rhino handles different, yes, but to me, much better.
Stiffen the pre-load up some. Ride improves somewhat due to the left arm is not telling the right what to do, or vise-versa. Flex is much improved. Yamaha calls it a "Stablizer-Bar" not a "Sway-Bar". It is to stablize heavy-loads in the bed.
And you'll loose about 12 pounds of weight!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Trash it I run WFO on the road sometimes and no problems like Pate said ya it handles different but nothing that cant be handled
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 am

I say throw it away and get a even stiffer one from ITI Motorsports. I have them front and rear and mine handles awesome and has no change in the rough stuff that I can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:27 am

I waited a long time to take mine off. Glad I did. It is a great improvement for the riding I do. In the picture below, without the extra rear articulation you see from not having a stabilizer bar on I would have had a right front tire lifted off the ground which means less traction. Would not have been such a big deal in this situation, but in many others it is.

Sway Bar Removal Campbellscreek20709040us6

I will admit it was a little bit awkward at first when you run high speed into a turn. The rear end does unload on you some with it removed. I say when you get used to it, it will turn out to be a good thing also. Just ask this guy. Wink

Sway Bar Removal Project1sk4
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:40 am

Never thought of it like that Yank! Go Bloomer Go! drive Yahoo
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 pm

I know removeing it for me was a great improvement in the
way we ride. it is smoother , it crawls through a ditch instead
of rocking you back and forth. and like Marty said. your tires
stay on the ground much better. Now if i was doing some sort of desert
raceing like todd does . i may feel different. But for trails. i must disagree.
i am much happier with it removed....... allright
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:07 pm

With stock wheels and stock sized tires would it be advisable to maybe add 1" spacers all around? I know the body would still have the same roll, but the spacers would help get back some stability if at speed??
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:29 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
With stock wheels and stock sized tires would it be advisable to maybe add 1" spacers all around? I know the body would still have the same roll, but the spacers would help get back some stability if at speed??

yes I can vouch spacers help keep all 4 planted in turns with bar removed allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:32 pm

DirtDawber wrote:

That would be a good improvement. I would not go over 1" spacers though.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:26 pm

mine already has 2" spacers so im set there, as well as some 10" wide powergrips in the rear so she should handle okay. Yep its coming off!
im also planning on a bed delete so there goes almost another 100 lbs. gonna get pretty light back there, maybe ill be able to do stoppies when its all done. rhino freestyle !!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

DirtDawber wrote:

DD , the correct setup for stock wheels is 1 inch in the front
and 2 inch in the rear. i would not go over 1 inch in the front.... Wink

and if you ever get new wheels. if you get 5-2 offset.
put the 1 inch on the rear. and have none on the front Eat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Sounds right to me !! humper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sway Bar Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar Removal   Sway Bar Removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Sway Bar Removal
Page 1 of 1