SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hot Water on Demand not heating up

Go down 
+4
Disaster
roamerr
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Hot Water on Demand not heating up Empty
PostSubject: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Hot water on demand system that I just tried to operate, but it did not really heat up. Anyone think of any reason why not? It is a brand new unit.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Mybe you didn't demand it loud enough? roflmao kidding I have no clue, but was thinking about buying one of those so i will be Eat
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:50 pm

If it's the first time let it run a gallon or so through it and see if it lights. Mine took awile the first time -- don't remember exactly why.
Back to top Go down
Disaster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:56 pm

You are talking about a tankless water heater right?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Hot water on demand system that I just tried to operate, but it did not really heat up. Anyone think of any reason why not? It is a brand new unit.

Lt , i have a friend that had one of those systems.
and to be honist. he never could get it to work right... Eat
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Chris, is it the Coleman one? If so on mine once it starts clicking I turn it QUICKLY to the hottest setting and it always lights that way.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down
sizzler

sizzler

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:54 pm

I have one as well, and never had a problem with it. For the problem is the battery charged? May not light if battery not charged. Something simple that may be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 pm

yep thats the one I have, one other thing is if it is plugged in it wont work. You have to run it off the battery.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:22 pm

I think the battery was too low to light the propane. After I charged it, it heated the water almost instantaneously. Very hot water too! I am impressed. I got my water tank in today, and I got the closet for the tank and heater almost done. I just need to build the door. I wish I were a better carpenter.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 pm

lets see some pics! nopics
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Well, I will try and get some pics tomorrow. I had a holy hell of a time this evening and I was just not satisfied at all with the way the door was looking so I took it down. I am going back to the drawing board. I am headed to Lowes in the morning to see about some supports for my shelves, and also wanting to look at water hose and fittings. The water tank has 4 fittings, 3 of which are the same, 1 which is bigger. I am sure they are standard type sizes, but the HWOD system (the end where the pump screws into the collapsible water jug) has a very large size, and I am wondering if I can find somethig to match up to it. My plan is this.........water tank down low (due to the heavy weight), flow thru a pump and up to the HWOD, then out to the shower head. I have it all figured out except for the link between the water pump and the HWOD. I am fairly confident I can get the rest of it worked out.

Question..........all over the box and in the owners manual it says not to use inside a camper. WTF? I use my Black Cat heater and it runs of the same fuel. You think they just put that on there from a liability standpoint?
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I bet that black cat says not to use indoors too. Its a CYA warning. If you were to leave it in there a long time it could put out a lot of carbon dioxide. No more than you will be using it you will be fine. I have one in mine. I also have a CO2/smoke detector LOL.

Your water takes fittings are standard. The large one is the water input, the one on the same side is for a vent line (think about a gas can without a vent, doesn't flow well) the other two are for the pick up to a water pump and the last is a drain. I think the smaller fittings are 3/8. Take one of the caps that came with it to the store with you to make sure. I ended up using a 12 volt water pump from an RV to transfer my water from the take to the sink and to the Coleman. I didn't want to cut a larger hole in the tank for the pickup to fit.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Exactly. I plan on using a 12v water pump and a cheaper car battery. Do you need to groud the wiring from the battery to the pump or just hook it direct. I am thinking of some sort of switch, but I am really unclear of how it will all work out. I am really green when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 pm

You can use the negative on the battery but you really should wire a switch and a fuse inline with it. The pump will have a red and black wire, you COULD just wire them straight but then it would be on all the time. The switch will allow you to easily cut the pump off/on and the fuse will just protect the pump.

I ended up plumbing a spigot into mine (like what a garden hose hooks to) the Coleman has an input for a garden hose, connect a short run of hose from the spigot to the Coleman and its that simple. Plus it gives you a quick and easy disconnect for winterizing and just in case you need to remove the water heater quickly.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Got any pics of your setup?
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 pm

no but I may be able to get a few tomorrow, I will try.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Here are a few pics of the trailer and the water closet.
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Rhinoliftandtrailerpics001
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Rhinoliftandtrailerpics002
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Rhinoliftandtrailerpics003
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Rhinoliftandtrailerpics006
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Rhinoliftandtrailerpics007
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 pm

coming together. Now looking for something to pull the beast. Wink
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Here you go Chris, if you aren't hooking up a sink or a street fill you can just delete those connections and go straight from the pump the the spigot.

Hot Water on Demand not heating up Waterhookupcollage
Hot Water on Demand not heating up Waterhookup004

Oh and here is how I did my 12 volt, my 110 is in the gray panel to the right.

Hot Water on Demand not heating up Waterhookup005
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Good Pics Daryl. I gotta pay more attention to your Toyhauler -- you really have done it right! I like the spigot inside.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Exactly! I just need to figure out the fittings and all. I plan on possibly trying to tackle it next weekend. I have the water tank, just need to order a pump.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm

where did you get that shower pan? I have only been able to find them at HD and Lowes for $100ish. Did you find a deal or was that what you ended up going with?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:37 pm

The shower pan cost me 69.00 plus shipping off ebay. I think total it was like 82.00.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water on Demand not heating up   Hot Water on Demand not heating up Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Water on Demand not heating up
Page 1 of 1