SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS

Go down 
+7
moto92
Big-R
nocerisdave
highlander
DirtDawber
wvyankee2
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS Empty
PostSubject: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Best video in a LONGGGG time

http://www.screencast.com/t/UmDtZcfeOM
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 pm

cheers Saw it. Pretty sweet. allright
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:00 pm

GOOOOOOOO TODD !!!!! Hunter
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Todd don't have no sand in his shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Looks pretty simple to me.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 12:29 am

Left coast vs. east coast!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:54 am

Boy, they really pissed him off........

Then again, it seems that UTV crap piss many people off.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:27 pm

good video, i never knew where they took the material out when they machine one.

so is it worth doing the machined sheave for the woods riding we all do?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:54 pm

moto92 wrote:
good video, i never knew where they took the material out when they machine one.

This is a debate that will go on forever. I have a sheave and I am very glad I did the mod.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:54 pm

moto92 wrote:

I think so moto, we all get out on a long-stretch sometimes........BBBBRRRRAAAPPPPP
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 8:04 pm

yes sir!!!
and i do have a cdi so if im not careful the rpm will go through the roof.
i just dont want to lose any of that low to mid power
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 8:12 pm

moto92 wrote:
yes sir!!!

You wont lose any, mid or low. And it will quit screaming on the top!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm

moto92 wrote:
yes sir!!!

Pate is right. It will lower your RPMs.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Big-R wrote:
moto92 wrote:

This is a debate that will go on forever. I have a sheave and I am very glad I did the mod.

ridepate wrote:
moto92 wrote:

I think so moto, we all get out on a long-stretch sometimes........BBBBRRRRAAAPPPPP

Ditto
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:10 am

Sheave is definitely better for top speed with a stock motor and CDI. For normal woods riding just a CDI would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:50 pm

roamerr wrote:
Sheave is definitely better for top speed with a stock motor and CDI. For normal woods riding just a CDI would be fine.

roamerr, do you have both? I would like to know how much more speed you get with the combo. Not that it really matters with how we ride.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Yes -- I have a CDI and the Trinity sheave but with lighter weights (rollers).

The CDI just raises/removes the rev limiter. Thus you can go faster but with more RPM. The issue with this is that the Rhino motor has lubrication issues at high rpm. It's my understanding that the stock wrist pin starves for oil at the higher rpm that the CDI allows.

The sheave allows a higher top speed by letting the roller come out further thus lowering the rpm. This is important if you plan on riding your Rhino at 45+ mph very often. Occassional 45+ mph is OK but frequent is bad with stock sheave. Most woods riders rarely hit 45mph. I totally understand Todd saying he might go back to stock sheave now that his Rhino is built for higher rpm's.

The lighter weights were chosen to keep the rpm's higher than stock. This allows the belt to stay low in the sheave longer. There are debates on the advantage of the lighter weights. I really believe it helps and on hill climbs allows me to start above the torque peak and drop into it. A heavier spring would do the same thing as lighter rollers.

Anyway -- that's what I have now. If I was buying a new Rhino today I'd likely just do the CDI initially. The CDI is a necessity since it removes the stupid differential lock rev limiter and reverse rev limiter. The sheave is minimal advantage if you rarely go above 45 mph. I have done 56 mph with my current set-up but that was only once because I exited a trail onto a road that I definitely should not have been on.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:56 pm

CDIs on most everything also adjust the timing curves that help localize the power band better.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:59 pm

i have both.....my top speed is about 54-55...but it takes awhile to get from 48-55 and it has to be flat flat ground....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS   Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheave Facts..The truth by HUNTERWORKS
Page 1 of 1