SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My cage is here

Go down 
+4
rcmass
Mudxtc
shawnley1222
wvyankee2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 7:25 pm

Excuse the slow progress pics, my computer is junk, so d-loading the pics is taking a long time but i'll get them all on here tonight. Heres the first, home from Fed-Ex Freight.

My cage is here 304896992

On the garage floor. Before prep.

My cage is here 304903448

Rhino look'in like a golf-cart

My cage is here 304907481

Installed- I likey.........

My cage is here 304907806

Sport'in the colors..........

My cage is here 304908102

Last edited by ridepate on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Looks really good. I would like a cage, but can't give up my Hard Tonneau cover Rolling Eyes Might look into seeing if I can do a little Modification to my stock one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 pm

lookin' sharp pate!!!

does this mean you'll be the dare devil at windrock?? b/c you have all the protection...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:28 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Looks really good. I would like a cage, but can't give up my Hard Tonneau cover Rolling Eyes Might look into seeing if I can do a little Modification to my stock one.
I hear ya Wv, my neighbor would'nt give up his hard-cover for the world, he's got all kind of stuff stashed in there.......................You'll see him at Windrock.

Last edited by ridepate on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:39 pm

lookin good
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 pm

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 am

great work...

talk to me about the install because I want a cage very similar....

remove old - easy 8 bolt's

lift up (heavy - 2 people???)

line up and bolt back down - seeems easy.

What I am really interested in is how it attaches to the bed. did you get lever stoppers for the lift so no one can hit those (assuming it ties in to the frame and you lose your lift capability.) If it does tie in to the frame, will you please post a pic of the rear and hopefully where it attaches.

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 am

AWESOME MAN!!!! i really like it
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 am

i'd also like to see how it attaches in the bed... so i can make some aftermarket parts of my own :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:28 pm

My cage is here 2hn59ad

It wouldnt be too hard RC to install by-yourself, it's not heavy, just awkward.
The bed- I see no need to lock-out the release. After the rear-hoop is bolted-in, it wont move. I had hoped to cut-off the rear-tubes and sleeve them so I could remove them to service under the bed but it hits the harness bar, thats the only down-side I see so far.
I've still got to cut a piece of aluminium for the roof and my Crows are on the way.

My cage is here 2zeyxdc
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Rool cage   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:38 pm

Very nice!!! cheers But like your friend I need my bed cover. Cool
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:06 pm

how do the bolts mount just drill and tap or does it have like a U-bolt mounting system? sorry tryin to steal their mounting style, cause im makin a spare tire holder or tryin for wheels
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 12:33 am

Hey it looks real good :)
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 am

thanks ridepate - thats exactly the info and pic I needed....

I have been debating on a cage that attaches to the frame or just bolts in the bed. Seems easy.

But, from what I gather - you have to remove the cage to service under the bed?

Have you noticed any stability increase with the shorter cage and rear attachment points?

And btw - you will lover the cows - they are comfy! Did you get the 2" or 3"?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 am

one quick question ride - are those yami sport shocks? If so, do you like them vs. the stocks?

(or is oyurs a sport edition and you never had the stocks I have Sad )
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 pm

rcmass wrote:
thanks ridepate - thats exactly the info and pic I needed....

I have been debating on a cage that attaches to the frame or just bolts in the bed. Seems easy.

But, from what I gather - you have to remove the cage to service under the bed?

Have you noticed any stability increase with the shorter cage and rear attachment points?

And btw - you will lover the cows - they are comfy! Did you get the 2" or 3"?

You know it is waaaayyy quieter going down the road I guess because the bed is pretty much solid now, all the rattles I had are gone.
You can un-bolt the rear hoop and the bed will tilt up until it hits the harness bar, it gives you a little room to work,not much tho.
The Sport-Shocks Rock compared to the black stockers, well worth the 600 to 800 for a set IMO. They take a little tweeking , compression,re-bound,sag,to get the ride you want but for the money are worth it.

I bought the 2-inch Crows due to the fact my 3-year old rides with me lot, and I figured the threes would'nt fit him too well.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

great to hear on the bed rattle.

you will love the crows - no doubt - I got the 3" - but I am not small and no one small really rides with me a ton.

cant wait for my 7 week old to get ou there and get muddy.

nice work - may aska few more questions when i fianlly get mine - thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
05ktm

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-02

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Hey ridepate do you care to share what brand cage you have there? I plan to add a cage to my rhino here in a while. Most cage manufacturers that I have found are out on the west coast so prices are over the top it seems. I am trying to decide whether or not to order one from those guys out there or try to have someone here in KY build one for me. I have one guy who builds rail buggies and one guy who builds dirt track cars near me that I might try out. If you can give me some info I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:55 pm

05ktm wrote:
Hey ridepate do you care to share what brand cage you have there? I plan to add a cage to my rhino here in a while. Most cage manufacturers that I have found are out on the west coast so prices are over the top it seems. I am trying to decide whether or not to order one from those guys out there or try to have someone here in KY build one for me. I have one guy who builds rail buggies and one guy who builds dirt track cars near me that I might try out. If you can give me some info I would appreciate it.

I got mine from the left-coast KTM. $899.00 plus shipping. My cage was from Induced Fabrication via www.utvpowersports.com. Hellava deal, Tig welded, and a good safe cage. Talk to Court @ utv, he'll hook you up.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RICK

RADICAL RICK

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

nice cage! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhinorick
Sponsored content

My cage is here Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage is here   My cage is here Empty

Back to top Go down

My cage is here
Page 1 of 1