SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brimstone 4 April pics

Go down 
+14
DoddS
Foxfire
DirtDawber
cajuncoot
GunRunner
mking
Bobby D
Big-R
Rhino Rob
wvyankee2
ChrisC
bush
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Wow Great pictures.
LTA ? was that the hill that gave you the WOW sensation ? Looked pretty steep to me.

I definitely will put the farm aside next time you all get another ride up
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:34 pm

I don't know which hill it was............thinking maybe number 90?? It definitely was not 75, which was the one that Clay went sideways on. I don't know if I want any part of 75. I will have to see it in the daylight.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Excellent pic's!!!!! Looks like a great time was had by all!!!
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Lt, The steep one you were on is 87Y. 75 isnt near as steep but 75Y is REAl STEEP affraid
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:36 pm

great pics.........that one hill looks like an Ahole pucker...damn
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 pm

DoddS wrote:
Lt, The steep one you were on is 87Y. 75 isnt near as steep but 75Y is REAl STEEP affraid

I am not sure I want anything steeper than what we were on the other day. I thought my Rhino popped two wheelies going up that hill. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:01 pm

I was in Brimstone 2 weekends ago and it rained all weekend. What an exciting ride. Two of my friends made it up 75 but myself and another lost traction and slid back down spinning. What a ride!!

Ya'll really had some great pics. I remember the trail below I think. The water was really fast (and deep -- it was well over my 25" bighorns) and if it's the one I think (89?? maybe) you cross 3 or 4 creeks and then we got to a spot that was maybe 10 feet straight down into water 35" deep since it was blocked with a beaver dam. My group turned around when I checked it out in my waders and it was waist deep. Is that spot gone??

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brimstone4309033.jpg

I plan on Brimstone agian this year. Incredible!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 pm

roamerr wrote:

Ya'll really had some great pics. I remember the trail below I think. The water was really fast (and deep -- it was well over my 25" bighorns) and if it's the one I think (89?? maybe) you cross 3 or 4 creeks and then we got to a spot that was maybe 10 feet straight down into water 35" deep since it was blocked with a beaver dam. My group turned around when I checked it out in my waders and it was waist deep. Is that spot gone?!

Yes it was trail 89. It is a great trail until you come to the spot you speak of. However, it was not quite 35'' I think scratch Well, we drink a beer. study it a bit and they all agree that I would go first.. affraid

Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 Brimstone4309035

Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 Brimstone4309036
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:18 pm

That's it Big -R. It may not have been 35" but it was not far off -- it was about 6" deeper than your pic. It was deep enough that my family jewels were under water when I walked in that area in my waders. It rained all weekend and that water was very swift in the creeks. We turned back at that spot since I had the only Can-am with CVT snorks.

We also had to take the bypass on 75... That hill was slick as ice.

Man I love Brimstone!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 pm

That water hole was deep. I have been on that trail before and the creeks were way up this weekend. I was afraid the mud hole was going to bee to deep. We made it through.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 am

i want a map with all the bypass's for that stuff.

I dont bounce as good or swim as well when i was younger :D
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 am

Next time I go I wanna follow Big-R! Heck -- they did stuff that we chickened out on during my last trip! Chainsaw

One question for the Brimestone group: During my last trip we went down to the South part of Brimstone and rode some trails that were not on the Brimestone map. Trail #'s were 21, 28, 29, 61 and many others (my numbers may be mixed). The pics below are of some of the non mapped trails. Were these actually Brimestone??? The trails had nice signs and there were a bunch of blue, red and green trails they were just not on the Brimestone map.

Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 2009-03-28161422

Big Rock with bunch of logs standing under it:
Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 2009-03-28163933
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:11 am

roamerr wrote:
Were these actually Brimestone??? The trails had nice signs and there were a bunch of blue, red and green trails they were just not on the Brimestone map.

roamer,

I think you were on some of the old trails of Brimstone. I found out this weekend that Brimstone use to be 40 thousand acres. However, 20 thousand acres was bough by TN. I think it is a nice ticket if you are off the Brimstone Trails.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Maybe it was some old Brimstone trails. The weird part is that there are still some Brimstone Orange signs in that area. We have discussed going back to explore that area more. The trails were incredible! We did learn to watch the next corner -- we ran into several trails that just ran into drop-offs... WOW!
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:35 am

roamerr wrote:
Maybe it was some old Brimstone trails. The weird part is that there are still some Brimstone Orange signs in that area. We have discussed going back to explore that area more. The trails were incredible! We did learn to watch the next corner -- we ran into several trails that just ran into drop-offs... WOW!

Yes, those trails above are on the old Brimstone section that the state took last year, It's the Bull creek area, the TWRA left the Brimstone signs up, but to be on that section you need the TWRA permit, or you could possibly get a ticket if caught.......
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 am

or a tn hunting/fishing license
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:50 pm

If you have a TN Hunting and fishing license you still need the type 16 permit I think that is the permit number. That was some of the best riding that we had. Good job to the brimestone crew for making some more great trails. after we lost a bunch to twra.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:24 am

Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 2009-03-28163933

non commercial coal mine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone 4 April pics   Brimstone 4 April pics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brimstone 4 April pics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2