SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA Empty
PostSubject: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 pm

I erroneuosly posted that all that is recquired is a hunting and fishing license. Well that is wrong as Highlander pointed out. And the info of hunting and fishing with the type 36 / 35 is correct for residents of TN.

But if your out of state. the prices are redicously high. And the State or TWRA or TWRC who sets these prices need to be informed of the business and revenue loss due to these exorbitant out of state fees

But one gleam of good news for TN residents, if you hold a current sportsman or lifetime hunting license, no further fees/ permits are due.

North Cumberland Special Use Permits

These permits must be purchased for horseback riding, bicycling and
ORV use. Youths under age 13 and persons holding a valid annual or
permanent hunting license with a valid permit to hunt on these areas are
exempt.

Resident Annual Permit (Type 035) $61.00
Resident Daily Permit (Type 036) $12.50
Nonresident Annual Permit (Type 037) $191.00
Nonresident Daily Permit (Type 038) $30.50
At least one occupant of an enclosed vehicle must possess the proper
permit(s). No permit shall be required on certain roads/trails as designated.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:

Nonresident Annual Permit (Type 037) $191.00
Nonresident Daily Permit (Type 038) $30.50
At least one occupant of an enclosed vehicle must possess the proper
permit(s). No permit shall be required on certain roads/trails as designated.

affraid

Good info Rob
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Rob, this would not affect the area we would ride across to get to Brimstone from your land would it?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 pm

IF the trail is on the brimestone mapand it crosses the WMA land. They have worked it out so you will not need an permit.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 am

Lt. That would be the 64,000$ question to ask a TWRA officer. That trail that we came up on before the mudhole at the ( Y ) is a straight shot, well you know what i mean, over to the strip pit where the pictures were taken a few weeks back.

But with the input from Highlander, my thoughts would be that its allright as long as we did not deviate from the "main" trail.

I plan on going back up this weekend to check for some shrooms and i might buzz over that direction to see what i can find out.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
Lt. That would be the 64,000$ question to ask a TWRA officer. That trail that we came up on before the mudhole at the ( Y ) is a straight shot, well you know what i mean, over to the strip pit where the pictures were taken a few weeks back.

But with the input from Highlander, my thoughts would be that its allright as long as we did not deviate from the "main" trail.

I plan on going back up this weekend to check for some shrooms and i might buzz over that direction to see what i can find out.

Brother, if it were not easter weekend I would come over and explore with ya. I gotta do the family thing this weekend because I am headed to WV next weekend. Still looking at coming down and doing what we talked about with the family. I would like to shoot for one of the free weekends in May. Let me know how the shroomin goes. With the warm days and the rain it may be good timing.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:56 am

well i might be heading up tonight, earlier than i planned. looks like my plans for lexington are going to be washed out by the storm today.
Yeah definitely need to get things lined up for a return visit and the fish should be willing to bite if you want to introduce the girls to pond fishin.

Lester is now hooked on the shrooms and is looking forward to some more.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 am

The trails that fall on the TWRA that you CAN ride with just a Brimstone permit are # 8, # 95, and # 30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA   Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Brimstome Tract which is now part of WMA
Page 1 of 1