SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!

Go down 
+5
cajuncoot
DirtDawber
Foxfire
Big-R
Woodtick
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! Empty
PostSubject: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 am

I wasn't sure which room this should go in, so I put it here. If Admin wishes to move it have at it.
About a year and a half back, I bought a Garmin NUVI 750 GPS from Sam’s Club for my truck. I really fell in love with the way this thing works for highway use. Still not sure if it’s the right choice for off road. I sort of doubt that. Yesterday it wouldn’t turn on! I dug around and found the receipt and it seems that when I bought it I also bought an extended warranty. Thought at the time that seeing use in my ¾ ton truck on a lot of gravel and other back roads in WV it might get bounced around a good bit. I took it back and told them it no longer worked. They never batted an eye! Gave me a new one right on the spot. Then to my surprise, the girl started counting out MONEY! I asked her what she was gonna do with the money and she said it YOURS! Told me that these units no longer cost as much as they did when I first bought mine. So they refunded my original purchase price, stated the clock ticking on a new 4 year warranty from yesterday’s date, and refunded me the difference between what I had paid and the new price, $106. I just about fell through the floor. I walked out of there with a brand new GPS, New 4 year warranty, and $106 bucks in my pocket! First time I ever had ANYONE stand behind a product / sale like that. So if you’re in the market for any home electronics, you might want to give Sam’s Club a shot? It sure worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:57 am

You are in the right spot for this story.

It is nice to hear good product stories. It is to often we hear this situation going the other direction. I am glad it work out for you.... clap
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 am

perfect10 That was just great!!!!! allright for Sam's Club Exclamation
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:16 am

Day um !! GOOD FOR YOU TICK !! allright clap
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:57 am

great service and for once a company that will stand behind its stuff!!
Back to top Go down
dlc54

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:09 pm

WHOA that's unheard of. Wish every product had a company that would stand behind it that way.
Back to top Go down
http://4wheelinkitty.blogspot.com/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:12 pm

great to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

I'm glad to hear it... my wife just give me one for my buttday, and she
bought the extra warrantee to go with it...... she thinks i'll be rough
on it and the warrantee would pay for itself soon.... Yahoo she said i
wont get lost next time we go to windrock.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm

I also have a Magellan Meridian Gold hand held that I like a little better for off road use. It leaves the trail of bread crumbs (for lack of a better term) to follow back. I've yet to figure out a way mount the Garmin and it's not water proof either. I wouldn't want to give the Magellan the "Dunk Test" but think it might stand a little rain shower better?? Have you found a way to mount yours on your ride yet?
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200 W that I purchased at Walmart about a year ago. It cost about $250.00, I think I have seen the same one on sale for $200.00. I love mine....great product.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 pm

I havent done so yet, but I bet the RAM MOUNTS should have something.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:14 pm

I HAVE A RAM MOUNT FOR MY ETREX THAT I BOLTED TO THE DASH HOLDS IT GREAT AND I CAN ADJUST IT TO ANY ANGLE TO SEE IT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!   Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys! Empty

Back to top Go down

Failed GPS and the results! You need to read this boys!
Page 1 of 1