SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windrock - the land of OZ

Go down 
+12
S
CAVHOOAH
DirtDawber
Big-R
cajuncoot
Bigg Bubba
Rhino Rob
GunRunner
ChrisC
wvyankee2
ridepate
jerrzr
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Windrock - the land of OZ Empty
PostSubject: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:24 am

I just logged on and seen where you all are coming to Windrock and I so happen to be off work that week welcome Im sure you all have been here before but I can take you places..... well, I hope you all will include me in whatever you decide....I'm tickled pink...
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:36 pm

jerrzr,

Join and be a member, and your welcome to.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:59 pm

ridepate wrote:
jerrzr,

Man ,I dont like conditions and have no need to beg for company in my home town. Delete me off this site for I want no part off it. Hope you all dont get lost!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:20 pm

jerrzr wrote:
ridepate wrote:
jerrzr,

Man ,I dont like conditions and have no need to beg for company in my home town. Delete me off this site for I want no part off it. Hope you all dont get lost!!!!

Why dont you tell us how you really feel jerrzr. roflmao
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:25 pm

.................. roflmao
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Jerrzr, the windrock ride is an "Official" Southern SXS Riders ride, to attend these Special Rides, you must become a Official Member, its not a bad deal, You pay 15.00 and sign a libility wavier and you get a Southern sxs riders T shirt worth the 15.00 and that includes the shipping too. Then you will be in the Orange group and included in all the official rides coming up. Eat
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Windrock - the land of OZ Goatroppin65

but a man has got to do, what a man has got to do

Last edited by Rhino Rob on Sat May 09, 2009 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm still waitin on my shirt. beat
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Dang take me goat ropin too rhino bob !! the ol goat i got now is ready to put out to pasture!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Bigg Bubba wrote:
I'm still waitin on my shirt. beat

Bubba,

I am trying.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm

CC, all you need is a little beer
Windrock - the land of OZ Pic1272

and your good to go.

I dont know how some of these guys get thier beer in the coolers, but i am willing to bet there is some goat ropin going on. Now that I am an orange member, i'm ready to find out some of their tricks.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:52 pm

GunRunner wrote:
........ its not a bad deal, You pay 15.00 and sign a libility wavier and you get a Southern sxs riders T shirt worth the 15.00 and that includes the shipping too..... Eat

It is now $20. The T-Shirts cost more. They are now front and back with Three colors.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Come on jer... I'll pay for your membership myself and get R ta send ya the shirt!
Yankee will put your face on a milk carton if you don't come back. :D Razz
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:10 pm

LOL....well, Im a new guy here....so I wont say much.

But, I thought the guy was nice acting and wanted to meet a few of yall. Ill be honest, I was taken aback really......

I hope most of the member here dont look down upon the non-donating members, if thats the case....perhaps I should keep on moving too. When I join a forum, the first thing I dont do is to donate....I have no idea who any of you are, personalities and temperaments....Im sure this forum feels the same with new members also.

Now.....if a fella could meet a few face to face (like I offered Airborne LT) a few days ago....things might be different. But needless to say, Im sure you guys lost a (perhaps paying and very helpfull) member because someone didnt inform him correctly of the rules.......

That is all......
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm

The guys here are some of the nicest people you will every meet.
Their fun to ride and just hangout with. I don't know all of them but I'm sure the rest are same. I have only rode two times with some of guys but they make you feel like you been buddies for along time. thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:28 pm

CAVHOOAH wrote:

But, I thought the guy was nice acting and wanted to meet a few of yall. Ill be honest, I was taken aback really......

I hope most of the member here dont look down upon the non-donating members, if thats the case....perhaps I should keep on moving too. When I join a forum, the first thing I dont do is to donate....I have no idea who any of you are, personalities and temperaments....Im sure this forum feels the same with new members also.

Now.....if a fella could meet a few face to face (like I offered Airborne LT) a few days ago....things might be different. But needless to say, Im sure you guys lost a (perhaps paying and very helpfull) member because someone didnt inform him correctly of the rules.......

That is all......

CAV- The rules are posted and easy to find. At one time had a lot of problems with anybody inviting anybody to our rides and they had to stave off any potential future problems by doing the member thing. Not to mention the possible liability for the site-owner, you know how it is these days.We are a pretty loose group when we all get-together. I understand your hesitations tho.

Last edited by ridepate on Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:38 pm

CAVHOOAH wrote:

That is all......

Cav, please read this. It explains the reasons for making membership a requirement for the organized group rides.

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/southernsxsrider-membership-information-forum-f22/new-membership-information-and-application-please-read-t3159.htm
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:57 pm

CAVHOOAH wrote:

I hope most of the member here dont look down upon the non-donating members, if thats the case....perhaps I should keep on moving too. When I join a forum, the first thing I dont do is to donate....I have no idea who any of you are, personalities and temperaments...

This is my fault. I should not have posted the countdown clock.

We have four rides a year that are members only. It is posted for everyone to see on the forum. I am sure jerrzr just saw we were going to windrock unaware that this was an official ride. He just wanted to come ride and meet us. Now it looks like he does not want to meet any of us.

We welcome people to set up rides. I have put over 1700 miles in one year on my machine. I rode more then just four times Laughing

This is the best group of people I have ever met. I have met many here that I feel are great friends.
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Hmmm....sounds reasonable to me, Never paid much mind to "liability" though....guess im old school like that. I figure if your stupid and get hurt, its your own fault.....but as you said "you know how it is these days"
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:16 pm

CAVHOOAH wrote:
Hmmm....sounds reasonable to me, Never paid much mind to "liability" though....guess im old school like that. I figure if your stupid and get hurt, its your own fault.....but as you said "you know how it is these days"

I'm old school also, just like all this sueing Yamaha cause you're an idiot . Makes no sense to me. It's the entitlement era...............Sheesh......Got to CYA.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:35 pm

CAVHOOAH wrote:

Yes we all take responsibility for are own actions. However, your family members might not be so understanding. When love ones get hurt you never know how they will act. It is human nature.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm

SO if a non member shows up to ride, he's not welcome til he signs the waiver..????.. i thought you
signed a waiver when you got you permits anyway..... why sign a second one...???.. especially if he
aint a member...if one decides to ride the same trails as the "SXS club", well, whats one to do...
tell em to leave... or tell em to "BEEP" Off..... he has as much right to be there as long as he has
filled out the pertinent info when getting his permit..... oh well... (sigh)

Windrock - the land of OZ 597455 poo Eat No
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Iteresting situation here for sure. While reading the link that was posted for me I noticed that the Fee's are a fairly new concept here also. Dang....missed out on the free membership by a few months if I read that correctly......

So.....as said above, what would be said If a fella met you guys on a trail and asked if you wouldnt mind him tagging along ?

Im sure if you were unhospitable to a person they would "leave you alone".... But would a member actually tell the stranger to move on somewhere else and "leave us alone" ?

See guys, I come from a Honda forum.....Ive rode Hondas all my life (only due to circumstance)....dont get me wrong, I think they are reliable machines that last forever.....but Im not the typical "Die-Hard" Honda rider as so many others are. Ive never shunned or thought better of myself than other riders not riding a Honda (again, like so many other Honda riders do).... But I have a firm belief that we are all there, on the trail, to enjoy Gods green earth and creatures......regardless of what you ride....

Needless to say, It alsways p-ed me off when someone brought their "Honda, better than thou" attitude to the ball game.....even being a Honda rider myself.....

So too the point here......Would you be rightfull in turning someone away (or shunning them) for wanting to ride with another group of people they meet on the trail by chance ?

Another good point on the waiver is at the post above me here......why not, say, have copies of your waivers with the club leaders at the rides to cover such instances.....seems that would be a much more polite and timely way to go over the club rules and perhaps at the same time......grow your site in numbers.

Hmmmmm........This topice definatly has me intrigued Eat
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:57 pm

We do bring the membership stuff to the rides. Anyone who wants to become a member can, on the spot.
It's not about being better than someone else, that would be a foolish mindset for a growing club to have, it's about having a team atmosphere and people wanting to be a part of that team.

Miiltary. Did y'all let just anyone off the street fight with you?
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:22 am

Absolutely not Shocked

I understand the rules and terms for riding with the club and your reasons are sound and reasonable . There was nothing better than meeting up with your internet buddies to get a few days riding in and to obtain a face and voice to go with the website. I guess my question is ..... How would that particular situation be handled ?

Dont get me wrong here, Im not planning on showing up to ride on the members only ride....take this conversation as only dealing with a person you meet on the trail that has no idea about your club yet.....would you be hospitable and allow him to ride ? Or would you politely turn him away ?

One day I was riding a Evarts alone.....I roll into camp and there is a huge party of Honda quads at the putney side cabins....right next to my cabin....about 25 of them. I meander over to the camp fire they have and start introducing myself......I end up riding with them for the next three day and the first thing I did when I got home was register on the Rinconriders website. Since that day, I have been on many rides with the guys Ive met through that site....and post every day.....still, too this day.
They were warm and welcome, and they earned my monetary support as well as mechanical know-how.....I in turn, Have some really cool buds from coast to coast.

any how.....just a good story fo a stranger met on the trail to become a very active and helpful member. PS, Im under the same screen name there too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ Empty

Back to top Go down

Windrock - the land of OZ
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next