SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....

Go down 
+7
DirtDawber
Rhino Rob
ChrisC
ridepate
wvyankee2
Woodtick
2Slow4U
11 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... Empty
PostSubject: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Does Southern Vermont count?

I've just joined an ATV club in Southern Vermont that has about 40 miles of private trails on a 2500 acre tract of private land, and went for my first ride there today. It's behind a locked gate and not accessible to the general public -- think of a private hunting lease as an analogy. In fact, we get access to two old hunting camps if we want to stay overnight, in addition to several picnic areas and such... All the trails are moderate -- can be traversed by 2WD drive quads, if you're good. We saw tracks of moose, deer and bear though a turkey was the largest wildlife we saw.

Thought you might enjoy some pics of a different part of the country. Please overlook all my self-serving shots of my Rhino -- but I'm loving this thing! thatsright

Any way, a slideshow on FlickR

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentthomas/sets/72157619328054789/show/with/3606029966/
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 am

Dang Kent, ya think ya got enough trailer there pard?? GRINNNNN. Just kiddin ya a little. Great pics. Looks like some beautiful country.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:18 am

Looks real nice Kent. allright
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:18 am

Woodtick wrote:
Dang Kent, ya think ya got enough trailer there pard?? GRINNNNN. Just kiddin ya a little. Great pics. Looks like some beautiful country.

Let's just say that it is Kubota orange for a reason... lol!

Actually I sold my Kubota, but kept the trailer. Now I have a Power Trac, and a couple of old garden tractors...

BTW, this is my little Power Trac that I got for use on the TN hillsides...

Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... 694945428_ce6ff0fd2b

Last edited by KentT on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:20 am

Sorry to get off-topic, But Kent........... allright For the posts at RF.Net...........hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am

ridepate wrote:
Sorry to get off-topic, But Kent........... allright For the posts at RF.Net...........hahahahaha

No sweat -- I'm not backing down from the azzwipes over there -- especially when I know they're wrong! lol!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:26 am

KentT wrote:
ridepate wrote:

No sweat -- I'm not backing down from the azzwipes over there -- especially when I know they're wrong! lol!

Been there, done that. I admire your , what's the word, Attitude?? Fortitude??? Funny as hell!!!! Some of those guys are arm-chair footstools....Keep it up man!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 am

Nice pics Kent..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:45 am

wont open for me, dang ol pooter, i need a new pooter
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 am

Nice Pics Kent !! And, that's some kick ass beatiful countryside !!! clap
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:47 am

DirtDawber wrote:
Nice Pics Kent !! And, that's some kick ass beatiful countryside !!! clap

Thanks, guys. Thought you might like something a little different. These were of the easiest trails, where I could comfortably hold a camera in one hand and drive with the other. Plus, it's steeper than the pics show, as usual.

I really look forward to riding these trails in the fall when the leaves are in color...
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:14 am

sweet looking area love the hunt camp!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 am

Nice country you have there. I would love to ride it and see it for myself!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am

Thanks for the nice Pics ....sweet!
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Well it's in the South... uh, kinda....   Well it's in the South... uh, kinda.... EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:58 am

Playing with new software package for creating/editing movies, I made a YouTube movie slideshow of these picss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB8XkAIwyNw