SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More vids of my 450 -- after snorkeling the intake up under the hood...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

More vids of my 450 -- after snorkeling the intake up under the hood... Empty
PostSubject: More vids of my 450 -- after snorkeling the intake up under the hood...   More vids of my 450 -- after snorkeling the intake up under the hood... EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Here's three video clips I pieced together from yesterday's ride in northern Massachusetts, about 5 miles (maybe) from the New Hampshire border. Posting them for two reasons, primarily:

1. I was testing a RAM camera mount on my left rollcage upright, up high near the roof, before I go on the Vermont clubs' ride up Mt Washington next Sunday. It's a nice mount, but I'm getting a lot of vibration, as is evident. After seeing this video, I moved it down to about steering wheel height and put a piece of rubber weatherstripping between it and the rollcage. Hopefully, that'll help.

2. Now, if anyone is interested, they can listen to "before and after" clips of what the snorkel job did for the cockpit noise. Because of where the camera was mounted, I think it may have been picking up a bit more intake noise (from under the hood) than we were hearing in the cockpit. Note that I've done these noise reductions steps:

(a) TralArmor dust kit
(b) Benz silencer
(c) This snorkel job, where I also added a little bit of extra insulation in the top of the doghouse after blocking the inlet.
(d) Using a piece of foam pipe insulation like people recommend using the "Pool Noodle"

Here's my YouTube channel if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/TKentT

The second vid from yesterday has some pretty good footage of us crossing a beaver pond...

BTW, the Rhino appears to run great after the snorkeling -- without rejetting or anything -- and if anything may have a bit more throttle response down low, like when rock crawling. I'll check my plug in a few hours, but it seemed to run fine and the temp gauge stayed between 180 and 190 regardless of what I was doing -- including towing a Brute out of the woods after he swamped it and hydrolocked the engine...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com

More vids of my 450 -- after snorkeling the intake up under the hood...
Page 1 of 1