SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CBS evening news

Go down 
+8
redneck49
ChrisC
Rhino Rob
mking
AIRBORNE
GunRunner
DirtDawber
Mud-and-Guts
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 am

Who got to check out the cbs news last night?
If interested click on the following link and voice your opinions,

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml?tag=contentAux;ad-googleAdSense

If you didn't catch it last night try the following link,

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5214842n

Below is the comment I sent CBS I quote:

I have lost all respect for CBS news over the Yamaha Rhino issue due to your biased opinion that is untrue and unfair to Yamaha Motor Corp.. The Yamaha Rhino is in my opinion as safe if not safer than any other offroad vehicle. When it comes to offroading weather it be a Yamaha Rhino or any other vehicle it takes common sense to get you home safe not abuse and neglect. So please now take a ride with a true rider and due an unbiased review of this product!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

The clip of the guy moving a Rhino in the dealer's parking lot, it's obvious he mashed the gas just as he turned. Do this on asphalt and a roll is guaranteed.

We know the score on all of this, it's a pity that the news and f-wad lawyers and gov. turds do not.

I'll try and compose a comment this eve.

Even tho' my blood pressure shot up, I thank you for the links M & G,
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

Anytime bro and check this out
From truth about rhino website I found interesting I Quote:
http://www.truthaboutrhino.com

"Unfortunately, these law firms successfully convinced CBS News to help further their disingenuous publicity campaign, and the network aired a story on the Rhino that included inaccurate, incomplete and false information.

To begin with, CBS featured an incident involving Justin Miller, but failed to mention that Mr. Miller was driving a heavily modified Rhino. As the photo of that Rhino posted on CBS’s own website reveals and the investigating officer testified — the Rhino Miller was driving had an extended cage structure, and what looks to be a back seat bolted to the rear cargo bed. The vehicle’s owner signed a waiver for his purchase of a “Custom Rhino” stating that the vehicle has “additional third party parts and accessories not offered by the manufacturer” and releasing all claims against the dealer and “all other persons and entities” related to the purchase of the vehicle.

The CBS story also shows security camera footage of an incident involving Zach Murray, a former employee at a Yamaha dealership who is currently a plaintiff with his own pending lawsuit. In a post-incident letter to his employer, Mr. Murray wrote that he intentionally stepped out of the overturning vehicle. Although CBS was made aware of Mr. Murray’s letter, they neglected to include mention of it in their story.

In addition, Mr. Murray was not wearing a seatbelt or a helmet. He was operating the vehicle on pavement then made a sharp, high-acceleration turn, and did not stay inside the vehicle.

A more complete version of the security camera tape shows two other vehicles being driven recklessly on the same stretch of pavement where the accident occurred, suggesting that an atmosphere of horseplay existed just prior to Murray’s crash, and that the only reason for Murray to be making a sharp, high acceleration turn was to also engage in horseplay.

In a separate part of the story, CBS cites documents that discuss an early pre-prototype vehicle that had a different design than, and no relation to, the Rhino that is on the market today. Despite being told weeks ago that it would be false to imply that these documents relate to the Rhino in any way, CBS chose to include this misleading information in its report."
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 am

We were told in the brimstone office on friday that CBS would have a cameraman down at the trailhead sat doing some filming. He was a no show.

Stuff like this is why yamaha will not be giving the rhino more power anytime soon, in fact they probably never will. They might come out with a different machine and name so it would not be associated with current models and lawsuits but i bet not anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Let me guess...........now the Rhino is racist and unsafe......... lol!

All joking aside, I do hate the fact that the kid lost his hand. However, how many accidents are fatalities on crotch rockets?? I don't see anyone out there throwing lawsuits against the GSXR or Ninja models. Come on.........we all have ridden these machines and have seen the capabilities of a Rhino. We know the truth.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
mking
SSXSRider Member
mking

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-09-02

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:39 pm

I seen it last night and thought it was a bunch of poo They didnt tell the whole story they showed people doing stupid stuff most of the time showing off for the camera or other people we all know where that always leads to accident waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:42 pm

they ought to take a look at the pictures and videos on this site of the RZR. Far more pics of them than Rhinos and there are alot less RZR's,, wheres the outcry ??..

But its typical of cbs to have a slanted view, after all obamination is their messiah.

but anyway back to the subject , Simply a few moron lawyers and greedy "owner?riders" trying to make a buck out of their own stupid actions, but it realy was "the rhino made me do it "
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:11 am

mking wrote:
I seen it last night and thought it was a bunch of poo They didnt tell the whole story they showed people doing stupid stuff most of the time showing off for the camera or other people we all know where that always leads to accident waiting to happen.

at Brimstone we Do stupid stuff too.
But dam its fun as Shit........ roflmao
Back to top Go down
redneck49

redneck49

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-10

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

ok now i'm pi$$ there should be a legal and open bounty on ambulance chasers.and reporters.seriously though 59 deaths in 6 years.i also ask the question. how many people die on crtoch rockets.jet ski's and boating accedents a year. also where do these rhino accedents occure. i've been down to the dunes alot as 80-90% of the riders are somewhat safe the other 10-20% are so out of control and i might add drunk its a miracle they hav'nt killed more of each other.the punk on that show is a lying piece of crap.anybody with half a brain can feel the suspension unload on a sharpe turn so counter steer to shift the weight back to the other side. and he had plenty of room to do so! and its funny how there hav'nt been any deaths racing sxs's across baja. if people feel they are responsable enough to drive a rhino or sxs or whatever. than they should be resposable for there own actions! i plead with all people if your a dumba$$ than don't make the rest of us pay! THANK YOU folks for listening to me rant. i feel much better time for another Beer ps. we need a texas flag on the little icons
Back to top Go down
http://azmx49@aol.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm

texas flag lol! no serious texas is ok its just sad it couldn't be part of louisiana lol! my aunt lives in cut n shoot love texas used to live outside houston BUT it wasn't louisiana . you are right drunken stunts on a rhino or any atv you are askin for it HEY HOLD MY BEER WATCH THIS equals a bad time ! dont be pissed at me i love the lone star!! DAWBER find us a TEXAS flag for our lone star fans!!!
Back to top Go down
redneck49

redneck49

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-10

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm

rebel this one is almost there though. HatWave we still have our place outside san antonio. we've got 20 acers down there. if you want to try a good texas beer get some shiner bock still all brewed in shiner texas.some places sell it in virginia. not sure about any where else.much better than lone star. cajun look forward to gettin togather do alittle Prowler and alittle Chug sorry didn't mean to :hijacked: the post!
Back to top Go down
http://azmx49@aol.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 am

The Rhino is like a muscle car for off road.......thats hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:52 am

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:28 am

tks, Big-R did you send that link to CBS? Either way I just did along with another comment.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:32 am

mud-and-guts wrote:
tks, Big-R did you send that link to CBS?

No. I don't think it will help. They had their mind made up before they did the story.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Weather it helps or not, I still like to voice my opinion.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
they ought to take a look at the pictures and videos on this site of the RZR. Far more pics of them than Rhinos and there are alot less RZR's,, wheres the outcry ??..

But its typical of cbs to have a slanted view, after all obamination is their messiah.

but anyway back to the subject , Simply a few moron lawyers and greedy "owner?riders" trying to make a buck out of their own stupid actions, but it realy was "the rhino made me do it "

The Rhino has the most machines on the market and is the best bang for the laywers buck. If they win this big, then all rest of the popular UTV's will have targets on their backs. If they lose Big we will hear the last of this. 2cents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CBS evening news Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS evening news   CBS evening news Empty

Back to top Go down

CBS evening news
Page 1 of 1