SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) Empty
PostSubject: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Another interesting ride for the Alabama riders in north alabama is Chapman Mtn. I have not personally ridden it myself but there should be an awesome mix of mud, hills, rocks, an some technical off camber stuff.

Does anyone want to meet up for ride there in the next few weeks? The best place to park is off of Chase Rd almost directly across from A&M College. There is a dirt parking area. This is the mtn you go across on HWY 72E also.

We can meet at the Shell station at the corner of 72E and Moores Mill Rd and then convoy to the parking area that way noone gets lost. There is no date set for this ride, I want to see when is good for everyone in this area to hit these trails.

Let me Know
-Rick
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Ill go Rick give me a call 256-527-5032. Where do you park now that the Interstate is there?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:14 pm

yeah, i'll try it out... can you night ride there?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:06 pm

I have not ridden it but it was popular. There was alot of dirt bikes that did ride an some mtn biking so some of it we will have to work with single track, we can still find a way around.

Norcerisdave you can park off of Chase Rd., across from A&M College. There is allittle hill an curve in the road, almost around that curve you will see a clearing, dirt area. I have heard its ok to park there an see trucks\trailers parked there every now an then.

Supposedly that also belongs to A&M but as long as it does not get trashed they do not care if ATV'ers use it as parking.

Wheels its not really an ATV Park, just a mtn so we could go take a night ride there. Probably be some of the closest riding to you all also and free. It should be good and muddy at the bottom of the mtn and as you get up in it, it gets rocky with some ruts to work with. Overall I am expecting a good ride.

Do you all want to plan a ride for Sunday March 16 at Chapman? Since we will be riding Wilborns on the 15th. You both can meet me at the Shell station we met at when heading to Windrock and follow me to the parking area.

Let me know,
-Rick
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:33 am

I have rode there been years and on two wheelers. I would not recommend night riding there because of the residential area. 10-12 years ago they were tight and technical trails. You guys are welcome to come to my house and we can ride the" lane" at night. Its maybe 15 miles of trails at the most along the TN river.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:59 pm

The "Lane" is very fun for night rides. We rode there for about three months straight over Thanksgiving and Christmas on every weekend night. Has the law backed off from there? Last ride we had to do some serious begging to keep from going to jail when the game warden showed up. It has lots of mud, some deeeep mud, and good trails.
Back to top Go down
Hub

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Rick I might make that ride.I rode there about a month ago in my ranger.Al we rode was the outer main loop it was nice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Everyone I think we are going to do Chapman Mtn ride this next Tuesday, March 11.

After swapping PM's with Norcerisdave that will be his best time during the week. Some of you probably wont be available that Sunday because of Wilborns on saturday.

Let me know who else can ride next Tuesday!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:24 pm

what time next tuesday? if it's before 5pm... i can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:26 pm

One more Update this thread.

We are going to be planning to meet up for this ride at 9:00AM next Tuesday Morning. IS there anyone else in the area that can make it.

Wheels, is there anytime Tuesday you would be able to ride? Right now I know I am in and Norcerisdave is in. I was wondering is sometime in the evening better for you?

Who else can make this ride?

-Rick

EDITED:
Wheels, you posted while I was typing. Read the above.... we might be able to start later and ride allittle into the night. Norcerisdave are you up for doing some night riding that evening, not too extremely late as to disturb anyone.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:28 pm

yeah, unfortunately i work until 5 or so every day. if y'all are planning on 9am.. go ahead and have fun. i'll ride with ya on saturday. :D
Back to top Go down
Hub

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Me to I can't make it on tuesday.I have to ride on weekends or on a friday .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Hey Everyone... The Ride At Chapman may be off... I just came back thought there a few minutes ago (Chase Rd). There is a fence up all the way around that dirt parking area now and there is a billboard style sign posted in the middle. I did not stop to read all the small print but at the top it said WARNING.

So it appears they are stopping the riding at Chapman. Unless you all know of another good parking spot, we can't park along Hwy 72E and we can't park on Chase Rd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)   Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapman Mtn (Colonial Hills)
Page 1 of 1