SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Al Ride captain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 11:34 am

who's up for being a Ride Captain?

cheers
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RICK

RADICAL RICK

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm

MORE INFO?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhinorick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Rick..The ride Capt. thing is something we thought about doin ..so when someone has a ride in there area they get ppl together and accept the responsibilities of being the leader and makin sure ppl dont get hurt you know?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Wheels I think you would be a good one cheers
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 pm

If we NEED a ride captain I would vote for Wheels.....but do we really need one. Not sure how Wheels, or anyone else for that matter, can keep me from getting hurt and that seems like a lot of pressure to put on someone if another rider gets hurt. Not trying to start sh_t but seems we are all adults and should take responsiblity for our actions. I can see a ride captain maybe mapping out and leading a ride but not sure what else he, she would do. Not that Wheels or anyone else would do this but if someone tries to suggest to me how to ride or what not to ride....that wouldnt set well with me. Just some of my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Wheels wrote:
who's up for being a Ride Captain?

cheers

Yep Noceris...........Ive ridden with Wheels up Wilburns.....and me and him have the most perfect way to ride. Don't stop and negotiate a way down a trail.....if we saw a trail we wanted to go down........we went down it.....plain and simple. We didnt stop and we didnt plan a route.....planning a route is foolish some places, just ride, if you see a trail....GOOOOOOOOOOOO I'll be right behind you. Wheels can elaborate! SO DONT PLAN A ROUTE......JUST RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks for the vote Wheelin'... i would try it out if we needed one. and we might when we start having new members show up and it gets bigger locally.

If i do become ride captain or a Co-captain(i'll explain this idea below)...

this is what i would do:

-set up rides...
- send out PM's
- call members to notify, if needed.
- confirm meeting times with everyone riding that particular ride
- play follow the leader(with no planned route, just areas I would want to hit) lol!

I know that not everyone has the riding style of Tellico and I(and maybe Nocerisdave, for that matter).... so, i would lead or setup slower rides if needed that are actually mapped out and planned(hopefully not too many of these). and i would actually go slow... lol! sometimes i like to just cruise, beleive it or not.

as for the Co-captain idea... if someone else wanted to lead (at the same ride) at a faster pace while i'm leading the slower group, that would give people on the ride the choice(if there were enough people, that is).

It's sometimes hard for me to think about it, but i have to remember that i was gun shy when it came to riding trails with my Rhino when i first bought it. I was worried of flipping. I'm sure there will be many others with this same feeling joining our rides as newbie's. that's why the split into two groups sounds good to me. I know that once these riders felt comfortable enough... they would be up for the 'follow the leader' kind of trail riding Telli and I do, which is 'hit it if you see it and want to'. lol!

this is what i would not do:

-keep anyone from getting hurt(like Telli or Noceris said... we're all grownups, ride at your own risk)
-inhibit people from doing what they want to do
example: have a drink on the trail rides. if you want to drink... cool with me. i might even join.... but, if you drink to the point that you could hurt one of us. then i would have a bone to pick... and that individual would not be welcome to ride with me again. and they would know it... b/c i would tell them.

all that being said...

Let's Ride!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:34 pm

atta boy Wheels. I'm down fo whatever!! cheers But I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy like the follow the leader riding that Wheels and I do and that was the best riding that I have ever done......since I have had the Rhino!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:08 am

I like the way you guys think.......and I am thinking the same way and ready to go when you guys are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Al Ride captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Ride captain   Al Ride captain Empty

Back to top Go down

Al Ride captain
Page 1 of 1