SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone hunting this weekend?

Go down 
+4
cajuncoot
Mud-and-Guts
bush
AIRBORNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Anyone hunting this weekend? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Weather took a cold snap. I am muzzleloader hunting tomorrow, then I got a spot to shotgun hunt on post on Sunday. I drove around this evening. Saw one very young buck and a bunch of does. Anyone seen any good racks yet? Anyone seen any bucks showing any interest in does yet?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm

i have not seen any good bucks this year. Sad lots of does!! the does my start comming in heat with this cold weather.

muzzleloader does not start in VA untill oct 31 and rifle starts nov 14-28
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 pm

I've seen several bucks and does off my porch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:56 am

I have not had the opportunity at a shot at anything yet. I am honestly amazed with the woods here on base. Deer should be all over the place, but it seems to me they are not moving. Granted, this is the first year I have hunted here.......maybe the deer are mostly nocturnal. I have not seen much in the way of rubs either.

Up at 0330 this morning to go out in 30 degree weather. Wife thinks I am nuts when I do it. These give me the motivation to go.

http://www.fortcampbellmwr.com/Recreation/HuntingFishing/2008trophyroom/index.htm
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:27 am

LT here is more motivation!!

Anyone hunting this weekend? Atvs011-1

Anyone hunting this weekend? S5030105

Anyone hunting this weekend? 100_0352

Anyone hunting this weekend? 100_0377

Anyone hunting this weekend? S5030078
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:05 am

will get out this afternoon got a real nice 14 on trail cam probaly 185 class and 255-260 lbs . he has been seen in person by me on a farm next to where i hunt (no permission,antis) but he does run the creek to our area , might get a crack but if not a fat doe is good.!!only been out 1 time , its still bow only in ohio and we saw 10 that day no shots
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:05 pm

seen 7 wall hangers here and alot of small bucks and lots of doe's. hope spotlighters don't get the big ones.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:06 pm

My next door neighbor's brother Lyle is one of the nicest guys to ever stand on two feet. And he is one hell of a hunter! If it was the only thing in season, I think he'd hunt mountain lions with a willow switch! Well, this good ol boy got right lucky last evening. He killed what is for West Virginia, one hell of a black bear. My pics do NOT do this bear justice. Field dressed from wind pipe to butt hole, this bear still tipped the scale at 251 lbs. They say it's live weight was between 300 and 320 lbs. And get this LT, He killed it is Ritchie County! Unreal. Congrats Lyle for a life time of memories. Range was 15 yards!

Anyone hunting this weekend? Lyles%20bear%20003
Anyone hunting this weekend? Lyles%20bear%20006
Anyone hunting this weekend? Lyles%20bear%20013
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Good deal! I did not know Ritchie had bears. I thought most were Kanawha, Boone and Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 pm

My dad is avid bear hunter. He loves it. Hunter
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Good deal! I did not know Ritchie had bears. I thought most were Kanawha, Boone and Lincoln.

My dad lives in Fayette county and he hunts bear there. I don't know if there is alot of them. He has probably killed them all. lol!
Back to top Go down
BR44

BR44

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?   Anyone hunting this weekend? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone hunting this weekend?
Page 1 of 1